GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ricers get BUSTED!

dvdre

Where is pancakes house?
Rather funny story out of Charlotte:

A flock of young people in souped-up cars turned a 13-mile stretch of Interstate 485 in northeast Charlotte into a drag strip Saturday, racing at up to triple-digit speeds before police could stop them.

When they did, the group scattered. Two abandoned their cars and escaped on foot. The others sped away in their cars.

Police arrested four drivers and seized six cars, all modified and lowered Honda Civics.

Read the story

View the pictures

Attachments

• wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 480

MagicChic

GolfMKV Madame
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
lol, how did a guy from Dallas slip in there?! And those idiots...running on foot. They have their license plate #'s...do they really think they're not going to get caught? I'd rather go to jail and get fined than leave my car in the middle of the street to have it taken away from me.

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
Haha, ya i saw that in the news...i am in Charlotte now and saw that and just started laughing at the cars. My gf was with me when we saw it on the news and she was like wow those cars look pretty beat up...then she looked at me and was like, "Do you race like that" I was just like no i dont craze riced out civics....

Dredknut

DSG Fart Fanatic
Car(s)
2007 GTI
ROFL

Prolly just finished watching Fast & Furious... I bet they feel real badass now seeing their faces all over the news. How retarded can you be?

EDIT: They're not even NICE civics.

TurbO_Lag

Aint I?
Car(s)
2008 GTi MkV
I think that is wicked cool. Impeading traffic, racing to 100+ miles an hour. That is fuckin tits...

I love Honda. Running from the cops though, seriously, sounds like a fuckin good time...

Monkeykungfu

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 BMP GTI
Interesting way to set up the races though:

They had a system: With traffic fairly light, they formed columns in all southbound lanes and drove between 5 and 20 mph to hold up traffic behind them.

Then two cars at the front of the columns raced ahead. Rango said he watched them as long as he could but couldn't tell where the designated stopping point was. The first two cars, once done, would pull to the side and let the next two cars go.

When the caravan reached the Fairview Road exit, 13 miles south of I-85, it turned around and did the same thing northbound back toward I-85. Police moved in at various points along the highway as the group moved north.

The group held more than a dozen races before police and N.C. Highway Patrol troopers moved in, Rango said. Whenever they encountered traffic ahead of them, members of the group pulled over. Behind them, “at times, (traffic) would get heavy, because they were blocking everybody off.”

TurbO_Lag

Aint I?
Car(s)
2008 GTi MkV
I've done that before, but I think this is the 1st police have heard of it. That is pretty funny, but its pretty big thing to do here on 100 and 97. (highways)

kenton

Ready to race!
To be fair, I only saw B-series engines.

Those engines, between 160-200bhp (ranging from the USA B16A2 to the JDM '98 Spec-R B18C) are from $2000-$5000 each, depending on condition, supplier and shipping.

They're great engines and all of them have a >8000RPM redline. They don't produce much torque, but in a stripped hatchback I'd expect a 170-180whp N/A hatchback to be in the high 13s 1/4 mile.

Gotta remember, our cars weigh >3000lbs off the showroom floor. Since the MKV is still a newish car, many people aren't rushing to rip out their interiors (that we pride ourselves on LOL). Some of these hatchbacks can be as little as 2200lbs with a driver. That's almost a 1000lb difference from the MKV with a driver. Lack of torque be damned when you weigh a half a ton less than your opponent.

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
True, I woundn't say any of them were really slow. It's just the fact that their idiots for street racing and some of them are even dumber for fleeing on foot.