GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revs sticking?

Syxx Shotter

Has an "S" on his chest
Over the past week or two when going from first to nuetral and coasting the revs have been sticking right around 2 grand. they stay there for ahilwe and very slowly wil drift to normal operating speed. If they are stuckand I push the gas for a split second they catch and drop like normal. I've checked hoses, lines everything that I could think of; now I'm lost and coming to the experts. My mods are GIAC x-file, ATP DP, AWE CB, VF Mounts, BSH PCV, BSH DV relocate kit, those are about all I could think of that would have any effect on aomething like this. Thanks much guys.

GTIzzle07

NY Dubz
Car(s)
2007 GTI
i have experienced my rpms dropping very slowly aswell when compared to a jdm b16b enigne,never have had the chance to compare to another gti.... i dont think there is a problem but just thought it was a lil strange

Semparatus

3.2 Liters of Win
Car(s)
2008 BMP .:R32
I have that too, it's especially noticeable when revving in neutral.

dambbkny

Master Watchbreaker
Car(s)
08 GTI
Ive experienced that too. After I installed the BSH DV I started noticing it even more and it got me worried. I read up and found others are having similar issues so I wrote it off as a performance upgrade side effect. I don't think its anything to worry about

doctorgonzo

Anti-spin doctor
I have this issue too. No vac or boost leaks in evidence. Happy BSH DV kit owner, this was there before the DV ever went on.

I think I might try a throttle body alignment, and log to see of my requested and actual throttle angle is tracking true. It almost seems like the throttle plate doesn't know where it is and doesn't close all the way, to the idle position. I've also run a water/meth kit every day for 30k miles, so my throttle position sensor is questionable. It's just a whole bunch of logging I haven't gotten around to yet.

I wouldn't say it's acceptable behavior for a modern computerized engine. I get a CEL because of it - it comes on and goes off by itself at least once a week. The code is for high idle speed.

Sucks.

Chris

GTIzzle07

NY Dubz
Car(s)
2007 GTI
I wonder if a flywheel upgrade would help ...? btw im stock in terms of ecu and engine (not counting an intake) if any one in NY is wiling to meet up and compare let me know! it would help to see other 2.0ts in person

GTIzzle07

NY Dubz
Car(s)
2007 GTI
^ well for how long are we talking that the rpms are sticking? for me only about 2 seconds usually.
the OP didnt say he gets a CEL, i dont either, i your CEL must be because of a certain mod

doctorgonzo

Anti-spin doctor
^ well for how long are we talking that the rpms are sticking? for me only about 2 seconds usually.
the OP didnt say he gets a CEL, i dont either, i your CEL must be because of a certain mod

CEL is for high idle, may or may not be related to my mods.

The high idle can go on for 20 to 30 seconds sometimes - if you blip the throttle it will usually drop down to 800 or so immediately.

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
Drive By Wire FTL.

Got Vag-Com or an OBDII data gathering device like a ScanGauge II? Check the TPS reading when you have rev-hang.

doctorgonzo

Anti-spin doctor
I'm having this looked at at the dealer on Friday. Milkin' the warranty for another 8,227 miles.

I will let you all know what they find.

By the way, this thread is the cause of my decision to have it looked at. Thanks for the push guys!

Chris

doctorgonzo

Anti-spin doctor
Stonewalled.

First time I have been refused warranty work for mods at this particular dealership, but they won't even hook the car up and diagnose the problem. They said it's because it's chipped. I said it could be a sensor, which has nothing to do with a chip...silence on the other end of the phone for a few seconds...then the tech deflected and said I could pay $91 for a diagnosis hookup, if I wanted.

That's not any different than me running logs with my VAG-COM cable...and that's what I bought it for.

I'll try to log some this weekend. Bastids.