GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo tune question.

Jkdesigns

Passed Driver's Ed
I have searched, but I was curious. I was told that after my stage one tune on my fsi, that I might need to replace my coils. My issue is, I just replaced them, along with the plugs within the last 25 miles. Was this stupid?

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
You should be good.

If the coils are old, there is a slight chance that the tune would finally do them in, but that's not the case with your car.

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
I have searched, but I was curious. I was told that after my stage one tune on my fsi, that I might need to replace my coils. My issue is, I just replaced them, along with the plugs within the last 25 miles. Was this stupid?

Not at all, you're in good shape.

Car(s)
Subaru

what part of ohio? i could run logs if youre having problems

Jkdesigns

Passed Driver's Ed
what part of ohio? i could run logs if youre having problems

Thanks I appreciate that. I live in Centerville, about 30 minutes north of ikea. Would you know of a good place to install coilovers? Thats something I've never done. A local shop wants near $450 which includes the alignment. Too much for my budget.

Car(s)
Subaru
im up there every weekend. but no, i dont. if you drive to eurofixx in cincy, i think theyre cheap. jekylle did his fronts there. the rear you could do but the fronts are harder

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Thanks I appreciate that. I live in Centerville, about 30 minutes north of ikea. Would you know of a good place to install coilovers? Thats something I've never done. A local shop wants near $450 which includes the alignment. Too much for my budget.

If you wanna make the trek up to southeast Michigan....I'll put them on for $100 :thumbsup:

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
Funny you say that

I had my Tiguan flashed APR Stage 1 two weeks ago....1,300 miles on it.

1,350 miles on it & a day later....CEL/misfire codes popped up & the guy is saying I "dropped a coil" already
WTF? :thumbdown:

Long time no see, btw :smile:

Wow Dan, that makes no sense :iono:

Sounds like an anomaly maybe? It's not like the tunes generally require an upgraded coil. Don't know.

How have you been man?

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
The problem happens to old coils that are ready to die. The OP replaced his coils 25 miles ago so he's good. Shouldn't need to do anything stupid like change his plug temp with stage 1.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Wow Dan, that makes no sense :iono:

Sounds like an anomaly maybe? It's not like the tunes generally require an upgraded coil. Don't know.

How have you been man?

Yeah...I'm thinking of just pulling the tune off and just going back to stock.
I don't need the headache

All my other tuned cars...not one issue EVER. 50 miles on this car, and I've got 2 cylinders misfiring & a fuel issue. Not cool

Good though...missed you at Motorstadt the past couple years now. I know you weren't there this past year, but were you there the year before?

I've been thru a couple cars and now in a Tiguan (manual), lol