GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo Stage 3 K04/F23T Timing advance

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
Awesome I have definitely watched them many times over and over lol.

I may have to stay with Revo for the time being but yes I think DM is the tune I may have heard of in multiple F23T builds or talks. Im not really worried about labor because I personally do all of my own labor but I'm trying to work with a budget now that I have a baby. I figured why not upgrade if it fails, otherwise if it ain't broken I'm not replacing it.

Thanks again for your input, I'll be sure to throw some videos up there when I go f23t very soon (rollback50k is my YouTube name)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Good luck with your car, the cost of going from S2+ to S3 with Revo is $100, you need a set of S3 injectors, used they might come for cheap, keep an eye on the classifieds.

I always thought that almost all "stage 2+" tunes request at least 20psi? otherwise whats the point of the HPFP upgrade?
also, if you have zero timing pull, you are leaving power on the table. rule of thumb i go by is 1-3 deg pull is good to go, if you have zero, then you have room for advance

also, ya those logs look very low for timing in general tho

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
I always thought that almost all "stage 2+" tunes request at least 20psi? otherwise whats the point of the HPFP upgrade?
also, if you have zero timing pull, you are leaving power on the table. rule of thumb i go by is 1-3 deg pull is good to go, if you have zero, then you have room for advance

also, ya those logs look very low for timing in general tho

They do request 20psi, but that is at 4000rpm or something around that, then it goes down to something around 12psi at redline, for a turbo as big as a K04/F23T or bigger, you want something that requests more like 20psi at redline, the HPFP upgrade seems to be pointless (for the K03) according to what i have seen, two TFSI cars running Revo stage 2 be just as fast or faster than any other Stage 2 or Stage 2+ car around here.

I agree with you on the timing part, i have not logged my car recently but the timing its setup as far as revo can go, for some reason my timing advance seems "low" compared to other people running K04 Turbo and software.

Last edited:

U.G.MKV

Stealth mode
Car(s)
2007 mkv
They do request 20psi, but that is at 4000rpm or something around that, then it goes down to something around 12psi at redline, for a turbo as big as a K04/F23T or bigger, you want something that requests more like 20psi at redline, the HPFP upgrade seems to be pointless (for the K03) according to what i have seen, two TFSI cars running Revo stage 2 be just as fast or faster than any other Stage 2 or Stage 2+ car around here.

I agree with you on the timing part, i have not logged my car recently but the timing its setup as far as revo can go, for some reason my timing advance seems "low" compared to other people running K04 Turbo and software.
I've always thought my cars was faster on revo stage2 than stage 2+. At least I'm not the only one that thinks that.

I've been noticing the same with the hpfp upgrade. mines stock but I upped the pressure to 125bar, and since limiting enrichment down to .78 lambda (from stock .69-.71!!) I haven't had any fuel cuts or anything. I have my curve set to drop to 15psi by redline.
I agree you should have the larger turbos pushing more pressure at higher engine speeds, the small stock turbos just make hot air at that point.

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
Good luck with your car, the cost of going from S2+ to S3 with Revo is $100, you need a set of S3 injectors, used they might come for cheap, keep an eye on the classifieds.

True, I guess I'll keep my eyes open for them when I actually order the turbo and decide from that point. I know I'll be doing a carbon build clean up since I'm at 130k miles and never did that. So it'd be sweet if I could find a set since I'll have that area taken apart already.

Thanks again