GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

reviving old threads vs. posting old questions

kt620498

DubC VW
Car(s)
2007 Jetta GLI
i am a newbie, obviously, but im pretty sure i read that before asking questions, you should research, to check if the question was already asked, so when i find a thread that has the question that i was wondering, AND have another question about that subject, is it dumb to revive an old thread, or should i make a new thread asking a question tiwce, it seems like a lose/lose situation sometimes because you get people hating, saying search for your answers, or if you post on an old thread you get people pointing out that the thread is a year old, just i point i wanted to throw out there, and do any of the forum pros :bow: have any suggestions

phunkstar

Go Kart Champion
reviving isnt bad lol and if you have questions we are always welcome to answer, unless someone has a serious problem they will hate no matter what

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
I'd say to start a new one as long as it doesn't cover the same material that's in the old thread(s). If you have a general question, then the answer probably lies in an older thread and doesn't deserve another one. If you have a specific question and can't find a relevent and recent thread to ask it in, then I say go ahead an make a clear and focused new thread on it.

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
Car(s)
MK5 GTI 1st Owner
who cares if its a repost? if you gotta question you can search but dont be afraid to ask a question beacuse some jerkoff is might reply with "repost" or "try the search button", just to get their posts total up or trying to sound like a know it all. its all good in the hood hommie.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
I'd say to start a new one as long as it doesn't cover the same material that's in the old thread(s). If you have a general question, then the answer probably lies in an older thread and doesn't deserve another one. If you have a specific question and can't find a relevent and recent thread to ask it in, then I say go ahead an make a clear and focused new thread on it.

yup. try to keep the threads within the same topic area as the original post because some people may only read the 1st post, and skip over the rest.

with regards to the op's question, if you have a question that wasn't answered in the thread which you found, then feel free to start another thread, or bump the existing thread. both are acceptable, but personally i'd start a new thread, since some people don't wanna open old threads, or like i said above, they may just skim the first post or few posts, and don't actually get to the end.

kt620498

DubC VW
Car(s)
2007 Jetta GLI
the only reason i ask is because some are so quick to jump on the fact that the question was asked before or that the thread died long ago, like i come here to get help/ideas/feedback/ whatever and just dont need the hating

Teknophreak

Rally Car Champion
the only reason i ask is because some are so quick to jump on the fact that the question was asked before or that the thread died long ago, like i come here to get help/ideas/feedback/ whatever and just dont need the hating

Keep in mind that some topics have been beaten to a bloody pulp. If you revive a speedo error/what kind of gas should I use/how does launch control work thread, prepare for flaming. Its not hating, its sheer annoyance.

I vote for opening a new thread if you have a new question.

kt620498

DubC VW
Car(s)
2007 Jetta GLI
thanks for all the feedback

Cloudlink04

Go Kart Champion
If you revive a speedo error/what kind of gas should I use/how does launch control work thread, prepare for flaming. Its not hating, its sheer annoyance.

Couldnt have said it better myself...its theses questions that will get you annoyed responses and some harsh words will be exchanged...dont say you hear about the recall on the 06 gtis and blah blah blah