GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Response from VWA RE Warranty enquiry

johno

Volkswagen Autoliebhaber
Car(s)
R32
Good morning Mr Ozmen,

Thank you for your email correspondence.

Regrettably we are not technically trained here at the Volkswagen Customer Care Department. However with this in mind it is understood that vehicles manufactured for the US Market are configured and have different specifications to those manufactured for our Australian Market.

Keeping this in mind, we at Volkswagen Australia will not consider altering the warranty on your vehicle based on issues found with vehicles on American Market. If you are experiencing difficulties with your vehicle, we suggest you contact an authorized Volkswagen Dealership for further assistance.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Volkswagen Customer Service Representative

Telephone: 1800 060 936

www.volkswagen.com.au

-----Original Message-----

Posted At: Friday, 12 February 2010 15:55

Posted To: Ms X

Conversation: Contact Us - General

Subject: Contact Us - General

Title: Dr

First Name: John

Last Name: Ozmen

Are you a Volkswagen Owner? Yes

Registration Number: XXXXXX

VIN: WVWZZZ

Comment/Question: Dear Sir/Madam,

I am the current owner of a 2006 MKV DSG Golf GTI and a 2008 MKV DSG R32, and have previously owned another GTI. After discussions with over fifty GTI and R32 owners in NSW, I have a general question regarding two issues i believe will potentially cause some angst for owners with these models. In light of VW America's extension of warranty on DSG transmission and condensation/potential failure of the high LED brake light, what is VW Australia's position on; firstly, suitability of extended warranty on the water condensation issue in the high brake light LED cluster which will eventually lead to failure and hence a safety issue (I received a number of quotes to rectify this issue from VW dealers in Sydney and at this stage will cost customers out of warranty on average $800 plus taxes to fix and involves work done by a panel shop); and secondly DSG issues outside of the 3 year warranty? It is clear there are a number of units out there that have failed or have been replaced under warranty. Has VW Australia considered what will happen if customers have to pay for replacement DSG units out of warranty? Likely customers will shy away from this technology and perhaps the VW brand. Although Australia is a small market for VW it is a growing market and I believe as a sign of good faith VAG should address these issues here. I am happy, on your reply, to email you copies of the letters sent to customers in the United States of America and Canada.

Yours sincerely,

John Ozmen

TimT

Go Kart Champion
You need to go up much higher in the chain than that!

Get AUSmotive to interview Anke Koeckler!
Maybe Lima can get a scoop! :D

manol

Professional Jerk
Car(s)
GTI 2.0 TFSI
Thanks VWA, but I'M FAIRLY SURE. A DSG unit is a DSG unit and it makes no difference as to which country the vehicle was designed for.

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
LOL so the standard response to any issue that arises OS first... "different configuration". Yes different configuration causes moisture problems and mechanical failure even though they're all assembled in the same place *slaps head*

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG
Thanks VWA, but I'M FAIRLY SURE. A DSG unit is a DSG unit and it makes no difference as to which country the vehicle was designed for.
lol x2!!

johno

Volkswagen Autoliebhaber
Car(s)
R32
i think VWOA forked out for the warranty claims in the U.S.A. doesn't sound to me like it came from VW AG. Which explains the response from VWA. took them a full working week to get back to me so I don't think the response was considered over morning tea. who are we to know right?...we are just VW enthusiasts. unless someone goes further than me with this if my cars brake light and dsg stuff up i'll be selling my VW's and ending my support for the marque. hopefully that won't happen.

johno

Volkswagen Autoliebhaber
Car(s)
R32
i think if all the people who voted yes on the forum sent emails/enquiries all at once i think VWA would take notice.

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI
I have the contact details for the VWA legal department on a file at work somewhere from when we sued them.

Should dig them out so we can hassle their lawyers for an opinion.

Purg

Ready to race!
I'll be selling mine before the warranty period expires. The expense of replacing a DSG after the warranty period scares the crap out of me.

whoalse

Snap8
Car(s)
Silva Bullet
that's basically what I got from them for raising the issue.

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
If you're that upset with it, drive to their HQ in Mascot (around the corner from Barloworld) and bitch in person. I did when i had warranty issues my dealer was fucking me around with when the car was new... and VWA were 100% helpful and resolved the issues to my satisfaction. They even managed to wrangle a $500 refund cheque from the dealer AFTER VWA had organised to rectify all of the faults.

On the other hand, the phone monkeys at VW customer service are... well... stupid even for monkeys. The same things they responded "no" to over the phone and via email received a "yes" when talking civilly to VWA representatives.

macad

apple pixel pusher
Guys, sending an email is useless - put it in writing and post it as a registered letter, that why you'll be credible. What you have is a response from no - one that can decide on anything anyway.