GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Resonator Delete Facts & FAQ

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
changing your muffler will do a lot for you on the rabbit. I personally think the 2.5L 5cyl in the rabbit sounds amaxing with a decent exhaust. My buddy James21 replaced his muffler and res and it's prolly the sickest MkV sound I've heard. the 5cyl is a sweet spot for VW.

TRIX ARE 4 KIDS

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07' RABBIT
changing your muffler will do a lot for you on the rabbit. I personally think the 2.5L 5cyl in the rabbit sounds amaxing with a decent exhaust. My buddy James21 replaced his muffler and res and it's prolly the sickest MkV sound I've heard. the 5cyl is a sweet spot for VW.

oh :happyanim:really and what kind of exhaust would that b? and did he get a h/p (high performance) resonator? and what a prolly? u lost me here...

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
his response:

"2.5 inch no resonator with a single thrush turbo muffler"

TRIX ARE 4 KIDS

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07' RABBIT
his response:

"2.5 inch no resonator with a single thrush turbo muffler"

great sound good do he have a video of his car somewhere? to hear how it sounds... were can i find a thrush turbo muffler? also dont they come with a 2.5 piping already..?

oh yea gotta celebrate it my 1oo hundred post

h911

Ready to race!
After reading all this and all the YouTube video clips, I've decided to do the ressonator delete.

Now I'm at muffler shop waiting for it. We'll see how it goes. :)

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
great sound good do he have a video of his car somewhere? to hear how it sounds... were can i find a thrush turbo muffler? also dont they come with a 2.5 piping already..?

oh yea gotta celebrate it my 1oo hundred post

PM James21.

h911

Ready to race!
I LOVE it. I was worrying if it gets too loud like a fucking ricer. No it's not and it gives you a deeper sound especially from idle up to 3000 (just dd in city). When I let go the gas around 3krpm and let the rpm drop it's definitely nice. My carbonio and the exhaust sing together really well!

For the ppl like me who don't wanna spend too much money and wanna get a better sound out of the stock exhaust system, it's totally worth it. Thumbs up!

TRIX ARE 4 KIDS

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07' RABBIT
I LOVE it. I was worrying if it gets too loud like a fucking ricer. No it's not and it gives you a deeper sound especially from idle up to 3000 (just dd in city). When I let go the gas around 3krpm and let the rpm drop it's definitely nice. My carbonio and the exhaust sing together really well!

For the ppl like me who don't wanna spend too much money and wanna get a better sound out of the stock exhaust system, it's totally worth it. Thumbs up!

That great man ... congrats ... i did it but not even close.

fozzybadfeet

Wokka Wokka Wokka

It's not too loud?

h911

Ready to race!
It's not too loud?

Put it this way. This is the first time EVER in my life doing exhaust mod. I always hate the honda fanboys stupid loud fart cans. The relative loudest range is from idle up to 3000 rpm. It's almost unbelievable that it's still with a stock muffler. The loudness of coz depends on how much throttle you're giving too. I always drive by myself so I don't need to care if it's too loud for gf/wife/friends.

All in all, yes it's quite a bit louder but it's not too loud that I can't stand. Of coz we may have different standard of loudness but for sure it sounds sweet.

That great man ... congrats ... i did it but not even close.

Thanks. We have different engine so the result is different...

TRIX ARE 4 KIDS

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07' RABBIT
Thanks. We have different engine so the result is different...[/QUOTE]

yea i figured it would work but i guess a turbo setup will do.