GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Resonator Delete Facts & FAQ

huntley

Purple Nurple
Car(s)
07 GTI
Im thinking about have a friend do mine for me. Is it bolted or welded?

not with the 42dd one... to me hour and thats cause i have a small car jack and its cold haha... really easy u just need a cutting wheel or good old saw i guess...:thumbsup:
difficulty scale out of 10 a 2

xeclipse631x

The old soul
Car(s)
Lawnmower
not with the 42dd one... to me hour and thats cause i have a small car jack and its cold haha... really easy u just need a cutting wheel or good old saw i guess...:thumbsup:
difficulty scale out of 10 a 2

Yeah to take off the resonator. He means welded on lol. It can be clamped but welding is preferred.

Colt1522

Lucky so far
Car(s)
07 BLK GTI
All I can say is if your on the fence about it, just go for it. It really isn't a big deal once its done, yet has a big impact on the fun in your fast. Sounds great without any big exhaust modifications. So yeah theres my 0.02

TSSSI

John...
Car(s)
Seat Leon Mk2
What can I do??? I have two resonators and one suitcase with quad tip! It is not loud but drone from idle to 4000rpm. Its so drne that it tikles me

TSSSI

John...
Car(s)
Seat Leon Mk2
I have a 1.8tsi seat leon mk2 2007

DuBB SWaGG

GTI 3yr Veteran
Car(s)
GTI MkV
I have an ATP downpipe.... I might take the res off. Anyone have a dp without the res?? How is it??

TSSSI

John...
Car(s)
Seat Leon Mk2
I have tested my exhaust... and the result....

I have a quad tip.... I closed one of the right twin tip and one of the left twin tip and the drone persists.... than I closed complete the right twintip and letting the left twin tip open and the drone was gone... I dont understand why it drones with one right and one left but no with one twin tip...

xeclipse631x

The old soul
Car(s)
Lawnmower
I have tested my exhaust... and the result....

I have a quad tip.... I closed one of the right twin tip and one of the left twin tip and the drone persists.... than I closed complete the right twintip and letting the left twin tip open and the drone was gone... I dont understand why it drones with one right and one left but no with one twin tip...

It might be because of differences in pressure. I'm not sure though :iono: