GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Resonator Delete Facts & FAQ

jetro_b73tz

GTI = Got Turbo Inside
Car(s)
GTI MK5
Thanks for quick reply. I'm gonna try it but not sure I want the loudness. Do I need a specific part?

just find the OEM resonator first and then weld it ,, or maybe you could buy any other racing resonator so your car exhaust sound will reduce a bit

oidoglr

Ready to race!
I have a resonator delete...I also have an opportunity to get a good deal on a 3" APR sport exhaust. Anyone have any experience with both setups that can relate how they'd compare?

jetro_b73tz

GTI = Got Turbo Inside
Car(s)
GTI MK5
I have a resonator delete...I also have an opportunity to get a good deal on a 3" APR sport exhaust. Anyone have any experience with both setups that can relate how they'd compare?

APR sport exhaust?? if it's mean APR catback exhaust then you shouldn't do resonator delete ON APR catback, hehehe , APR already done many RnD for their products so it would be wise to keep it on their stock condition ..

oidoglr

Ready to race!
APR sport exhaust?? if it's mean APR catback exhaust then you shouldn't do resonator delete ON APR catback, hehehe , APR already done many RnD for their products so it would be wise to keep it on their stock condition ..

No...it would be an entire APR catback exhaust in exchange for my stock (resonator-removed) exhaust. Just wondering how much louder/better sounding the APR might be.

jetro_b73tz

GTI = Got Turbo Inside
Car(s)
GTI MK5
No...it would be an entire APR catback exhaust in exchange for my stock (resonator-removed) exhaust. Just wondering how much louder/better sounding the APR might be.

i think the stock w/o resonator is louder than APR catback, because APR catback still have resonator and muffler,, and APR said that it has sound cancelation structure,,

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys i was just wondering if u guys had a rabbit and/or if u know anything about res deletes on a 2.5.... as you can see in this pic we have a res, mid muffler, and the cat (rear) muffler..

right now i have the mid muffler and res out.... and when i gun its raspy as SH****T around 4-5k RPM in 1st and 2nd gear..... i recently got a Neuspeed P FLO intake and now the raspyness is still there but when the car gets warm its gone.... only happens when i gun it right when i get out of the driveway...

my question is... should i re add my res in the front and take off the rear/cat muffler.... i heard from a rabbit forum that it sounds pretty good like that..

thanks for any advice given

mattkosem

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'24 GTI
do you think that i would get a good result doing this on my TDI engin?

I do. I believe you'll be deleting a muffler though, not a resonator (pretty sure it just has the one muffler, which really is technically still a "resonator"). It's referred to as a "mufflerectomy" in the tdi community. I highly recommend it. :thumbsup:

--Matt

Last edited:

Andy Rhode

Thumper
Car(s)
2007 Black Rabbit
That wont work. I have a 2.5 I think its just 2.25 inch od tubing. I'm debating wether or not to buy it and do it myself or have a shop do it for me

cky0392

Driver
Car(s)
07 GTI
Just did the Res delete and I love it! I am considering taking the suit case out as well though. Someone was telling me I will lose efficiency, power, back pressure, etc... if i take the suit case out as well. Is this true? Anyone who has both out how do you like it? Sound, loudness?