GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Resonator Delete Facts & FAQ

Cbus mkv

Lowcally Famous
anyone know if the 42dd will fit perfectly with my setup,

ebay 3inch catless downpipe
apr quad back catback

...i know i have apr and i shouldn't change it but the resonator is huge and hits the ground due to how low i am

amouse

Passed Driver's Ed
im running on 3" catless, stock resonator with r32 milltek backbox and i've lost the DSG farting sound.. :( how can i get it back?

strubby

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
07 GTI DSG
Hey guys, on my '07 GTI is the resonator straight through or chambered? I plan on doing a DP and like the sound of it combined with the stock exhaust but want to keep it as deep toned as possible. I'm wondering if removing the OEM resonator and replacing with an aftermarket straight through would be the way to go? Maybe I should just wait until the DP is on, then decide. I'm been tossing around the idea of replacing the OEM muffler with a Magnaflow and adding an aftermarket resonator as well, I JUST DON"T KNOW! haha.

For now, just wondering if an aftermarket resonator would be any different than the OEM.

Maximum6

FASTER
When you have a shop weld in a pipe for the resonator..

does it matter the diameter of the pipe?

I think stock is like 2.25?

Also do they need hangers for the pipe..or does welding hold the pipe just fine?

jetro_b73tz

GTI = Got Turbo Inside
Car(s)
GTI MK5
I just did the delete but my car still sounds the same also would it matter if the pipe they put looks smaller then the rest

Are you sure that you delete the resonator?? not the catalyc???
the OEM pipe is nearly 2.3" diameter,, the resonator located after the S shaped junction on your exhaust pipeline,,

anyone know if the 42dd will fit perfectly with my setup,

ebay 3inch catless downpipe
apr quad back catback

...i know i have apr and i shouldn't change it but the resonator is huge and hits the ground due to how low i am

just buy any universal resonator that has the same size as your 3" APR pipe, or you could remove itu,, if you remove it then the sound will increase a lot,, because APR quad catback is not RSC technology,,

im running on 3" catless, stock resonator with r32 milltek backbox and i've lost the DSG farting sound.. :( how can i get it back?

just remove the resonator and it will magically come back bro, hehe

Hey guys, on my '07 GTI is the resonator straight through or chambered? I plan on doing a DP and like the sound of it combined with the stock exhaust but want to keep it as deep toned as possible. I'm wondering if removing the OEM resonator and replacing with an aftermarket straight through would be the way to go? Maybe I should just wait until the DP is on, then decide. I'm been tossing around the idea of replacing the OEM muffler with a Magnaflow and adding an aftermarket resonator as well, I JUST DON"T KNOW! haha.

For now, just wondering if an aftermarket resonator would be any different than the OEM.

Wait until you install the DP,, so you'll notice the different,, and if you think that it's still not too loud, then you can do resonator removal,,
The OEM reson is chambered,
Off course if you change the reson to the straight through one, then the sound will increase.

When you have a shop weld in a pipe for the resonator..

does it matter the diameter of the pipe?

I think stock is like 2.25?

Also do they need hangers for the pipe..or does welding hold the pipe just fine?

yes,, the stock is about 2.25" ,, actually it's not really matter if you change it to 2.5" ,, but it's better to change to bigger pipe then change to 2",

mushages

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTi DSG
WARNING : i did the res delete and i have ATP 3" downpipe the sound is too F*cking LOUD!!! not as what u hear in the videos :p but i decided to keep it this way until i get pulled by the police then i will put it back

Stampedevxl

RACECAR > STANCECAR
Car(s)
really?
WARNING : i did the res delete and i have ATP 3" downpipe the sound is too F*cking LOUD!!! not as what u hear in the videos :p but i decided to keep it this way until i get pulled by the police then i will put it back

really? cause i have pretty much the same setup (except the gli has a smaller muffler) and its not that loud/ from inside at least i havent heard it drive by.

Maximum6

FASTER
got mine done. Gonna check what it looks like tomorrow.

But it is Friggin loud. I thought it might be a bit ricerish...
3inch catless dp with resonator delete here.

What i like is the unburnt fuel popping noises.

3514R32

I bought my car with the resonator already taken off and a flapper mod. I like the sound of it. When I had my STi that also had the resonator taken off and that sounded awesome.

Naughty picture!

GTIZA

NOOB
Car(s)
07 TR GTI
someone convince me to get this done! i've been checking youtube and the sounds of the res delete varies drastically from vid to vid. i don't wanna drop the cash on a new exhaust but i also don't want to sound like a fkn knob. i'm hoping for a deeper tone...?