GOLFMKV

Representing Michigan!

Voyles2

Twisty champ
Car(s)
R
Can't wait for winter to be over!!! :clap:

Welcome to the new guys too

I just want more snow. Us AWD folks have way to much in the powder.
Heck, I'll even take our Subaru out for some sideways action.. cell phone FTW

Subaru action by Voyles, on Flickr

CW08DSG

I don't care.
Car(s)
08 GTI 2dr DSG
Is there another glitch in the Matrix on MIVE? In the last hour I've gotten about 50 notifications regarding thread subscriptions or private messages, all ancient things. Can't log into the site either.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Is there another glitch in the Matrix on MIVE? In the last hour I've gotten about 50 notifications regarding thread subscriptions or private messages, all ancient things. Can't log into the site either.

It was working yesterday, but they finally fixed the email notification for PM's....so it was just "catching up" on all those emails that never got sent, hence the flood of them

Mrthemike

Ready to race!
Hey SE Michigan guys...

I'm getting cold start misfires. P0300, P0304, P0302.

Tried replacing the coils with 4x of the latest revision, no improvements. My plugs were changed by Fox VW like 5k ago or so. I have some NGK here that I might put in to see if it makes a difference, but the ones now are so new i'd be surprised if that was the issue...

It may be a bad fuel injector, but the misfires only seem to happen on cold starts...

I am suspecting carbon buildup since I'm at close to 87k miles.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I could get that cleaned? I called FOX VW and they said around $880. That seems pretty steep. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I heard seafoam was useless for our engines.

Mrthemike

Ready to race!
FYI - I called Steves European Auto and they told me around $550 for carb cleaning (assuming that's what wrong). I already like them better than the stealership. I'll probably drop it off there overnight in the next week or two and hopefully they can diagnose.

I'm too much of a chicken to do the carb cleaning myself. I'll fuck it up somehow.

ehancock

Ready to race!
Steves is great! I would trust them with any part of my car.