GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Replaced coil and still have a misfire on #3?

helldiver14

Passed Driver's Ed
2008 APR Stage 2 and am chasing a misfire on cylinder 3. Replaced coil with an Autozone one for now to get me by until my R8's come in. Anyways, still am having a misfire on Cylinder 3 at higer RPM's/WOT. I'm wondering if I should order injectors while I'm at it, or is it more than likely just a coil/plug issue. The harness has a kind of beat up connector, but it's always been like that with no issues. How can I tell if its coils/plugs or a faulty injector? Anyway to test this?

BTW it idles fine and drives fine. Except under heavy acceleration.

Last edited:

helldiver14

Passed Driver's Ed
Last edited:

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
I would hold off on doing injectors, highly doubt that's your issues. Have you run logs yet? If there's an issue with your injectors you should be able to see that in the logs. If anything I'd look at the coil pack harness if doing new plugs and coils doesn't solve your issue. I had a very similar issue with mine years ago that turned out to be a bad harness.

helldiver14

Passed Driver's Ed
I would hold off on doing injectors, highly doubt that's your issues. Have you run logs yet? If there's an issue with your injectors you should be able to see that in the logs. If anything I'd look at the coil pack harness if doing new plugs and coils doesn't solve your issue. I had a very similar issue with mine years ago that turned out to be a bad harness.

Is there any DIY tutorials on how to do the harness. I'm not the best with wiring, the most I can do is a radio. It has a kind of beat up connector on the number 3 coil, so I'm thinking that might be relating to it. But it just started recently. I need to do the cam follower here soon anyways.