GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Reliability Report Update: 93K TSI $hit the bed

MYGTIMKV

Ready to race!
Hello All,

I am disgusted, in Dec. 2012 I had my intake manifold replace for the second time in 3.5 years with no help from Volkswagen.

This morning on my way to work I get the flashing engine light, P304 cyl. 4 misfire code...towed to dealership.

Dealership says fuel injector bad...now off comes the intake manifold again, and 4 new injectors and spark plugs....total cost $1527.

What could I do? I am am stuck there, I told my car is "dumping" gas...sucks I have for just about all the same labor as back in December 2012.

Any thoughts? GTI TSI has been so good to me and then when it goes holy cow $$$. I might have to consider another car...after hurricane Sandy I just can't afford this.

Cool Story Bro...

MYGTIMKV

Ready to race!
^my story is all too serious (srs?) and lame for others to read...I just don't know what I should have done in this situation...stealership, I am at their mercy!

sethdude

Pobody's Nerfect.
Get a quote from an independent shop before you pay that much for repairs. Plugs, coils, and injectors are a relatively inexpensive DIY.

MYGTIMKV

Ready to race!
^ I know I am getting hosed...be proud that you can take care of your car yourself...I am not as handy nor have the time to focus on repairing my car at this time...

I am sure if I did this myself I would save a ton, but that is just not an option...too late for me this time

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Pretty crappy. How many miles? What kind of gas do you use? I could probably change an injector, but I believe with the TSI you need a special tool to do it.

dave80

Go Kart Champion
so they are charging you $1000 for labor. Dayuuummmm. Glad I can do this kinda work in my garage.

razr

+50 hp spark plugs
that code p0304 couldve been something as little as the coil pack ($25), i know because it recently happened to me. make sure to do your research before taking it to the dealership, they will obviously tell you its the expensive solution. best of luck in the future