GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent Behavior On the Forum

McQueen77

Banned
i second the motion for the 'vs' section to go.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I'm not sure why members feel obligated to post in sale threads when they disagree with the asking price of the item being offered for sale. Especially when they have zero interest in the item.

If you disagree with someones pricing strategy:
Make them an offer
Send them a PM
Walk away

The marketplace determines pricing. If something is priced too high it will not sell. No need to clutter sale threads with ones own thoughts on pricing.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I'm not sure why members feel obligated to post in sale threads when they disagree with the asking price of the item being offered for sale. Especially when they have zero interest in the item.

If you disagree with someones pricing strategy:
Make them an offer
Send them a PM
Walk away

The marketplace determines pricing. If something is priced too high it will not sell. No need to clutter sale threads with ones own thoughts on pricing.

I actually was interested in it.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Well I agree to a point on that. Members need to be warned if something is way overpriced so they don't get screwed. Other members are protecting those that are new and don't know.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Well I agree to a point on that. Members need to be warned if something is way overpriced so they don't get screwed. Other members are protecting those that are new and don't know.

I was gonna say the same thing^

Skipdr

Go Kart Champion

Exactly. When someone is selling all 4 of their Detroits for $1200, he's not gonna sell them. If we tell him more like $700, it's good for the buyer and seller.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
While I appreciate the "looking out for fellow forum members", lets not assume everyone here doesn't know how to research pricing before they buy and we know pricing better than everyone else.

If something is overpriced, send the seller a polite PM. What I have seen lately in some sale threads is thread crapping for sport - which is unappreciated.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Will do :thumbsup:

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
While I appreciate the "looking out for fellow forum members", lets not assume everyone here doesn't know how to research pricing before they buy and we know pricing better than everyone else.

If something is overpriced, send the seller a polite PM. What I have seen lately in some sale threads is thread crapping for sport - which is unappreciated.

x2, caveat emptor

Skipdr

Go Kart Champion

:thumbsup:

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2011 VW GTI
i second the motion for the 'vs' section to go.
yeah without a timeslip at a drag track or a video from a racetrack then who cares who thinks they are faster than the next guy. allot of the people racing are not professionals so the results are fuzzy.
i remember some cayenne calipers being sold for about $1050 which is outragous for used calipers. so they will never sell. ever. its a waste of time for the seller to type.

ick

Ready to race!
Some people just need to THINK before they post.
T- Is it true?
H- Is it helpful?
I- Is it inspiring in some way?
N- Is it necessary?
K- Is it kind?

Sarcasm doesn't translate well on a forum either. This is something that I tend to forget from time to time. Most of the time I just end up sounding like an asshole.

A forum above all things is a form of community not a place to come and tear others down.