GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rainbow IQ 320.25 install, reviews, and pics

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Everything seemd cool from my end. I was getting desperate to find the harness so i checked eBay for shops selling the THA amps and just asked if they had that specific harness. He got back to me in a day or two saying he had it in stock and then another couple days when I asked to confirm it was the correct adapter to use with FAKRA connections. He gave me a quote with shipping and I asked for a PayPal request. I don't have it yet but I expected it to be 7-10 days coming from Canada so should be here later this week. He never tried to sell me anything else aside from asking if I needed the amp harness as well.

plac

GTI Master
I'll be interested to see if he comes thru. A lot of sales guys will just say "oh ya i can get it" without even checking. i hope it works out, as i need that harness too.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
He said he had it in stock...I'll report back when/if it shows. Actually, I'll check with him to confirm shipping.

Monkeykungfu

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 BMP GTI
He said he had it in stock...I'll report back when/if it shows. Actually, I'll check with him to confirm shipping.

You ever get a shipping confirmation?

If we contact him about the connector do we just ask him for the Blaupunkt 7 607 622 016 001 radio connecting harness for the golf mkv & he'll know what we're talking about? Or, is there some other info. we need to give him?

Thanks.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I just emailed for shipping confirmation last night.

All I did was ask if he had that specific part # available and then asked to confirm it was the correct version to work with FAKRA connectors like we have.

Might want to wait to make sure my sale is legit before investing any effort here. I've got no reason to be concerned at this point but until it shows up at my door you never know. He's an ebay Power Seller with 99.5% positive feedback and 1300+ sales.

Monkeykungfu

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 BMP GTI
i keep checking here for updates on the people who have installed their rainbows but i keep seeing stuff about harnesses and amps and ebay?

All part of the install process to get our Rainbows running properly. :fighting0030:

On topic IMO & it's keeping the damn thread alive! When are you getting yours in by the way? :biggrin:

Blitzen

Professional .....
BTW small update after further listening.

Way better soundstage and small details can be heard for the first time. Less mushy ... more precise.

Monkeykungfu

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 BMP GTI
BTW small update after further listening.

Way better soundstage and small details can be heard for the first time. Less mushy ... more precise.

Can't remember, did you install a sub as well? I'm pretty sure you said you has some sound deadner installed too correct?

One of my big concerns is how the mid-bass will perform. I listen to lots of electronic/drum & bass, and the mid bass in the stock system isn't worth a shit. I had a 10" sub installed & while I had some decent low sub-bass hits, the mid-bass was severly lacking. Can you elaborate on the mid-bass on the Rainbows a little?

Thanks!

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Don't know what everyone else is doing...apparently not installing. I'm just trying to post whatever tidbits I have along the way to keep the discussion going.

i keep checking here for updates on the people who have installed their rainbows but i keep seeing stuff about harnesses and amps and ebay?

Blitzen

Professional .....
Can't remember, did you install a sub as well? I'm pretty sure you said you has some sound deadner installed too correct?

One of my big concerns is how the mid-bass will perform. I listen to lots of electronic/drum & bass, and the mid bass in the stock system isn't worth a shit. I had a 10" sub installed & while I had some decent low sub-bass hits, the mid-bass was severly lacking. Can you elaborate on the mid-bass on the Rainbows a little?

Thanks!

Don installed with some sound deadner (but not the whole 9 yards with taking the door apart). I will install a sub (10") but right now no sub (and for the "burn in" or what that is called for speakers I have the high pass set at 80hz). Mid Bass ... I'm not too much into electronic/drum&bass .... but let's put it this way: the equalizer settings for the stock speakers now leads to a bass that is too loud/noticable ... it is more controlled. But as everything is to taste it ios hard to be objective as what is too much for me might be just right for you ....

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Got shipping confirmation on the adapter today. A little slow going out but all is good...no worries. I'm out of town Wed-Tue so it'll be the following weekend before I make any more progress on the install.

RuddyR32

RuddyR32
Gidday all. Quick update from my end ... getting my rainbows, Alpine PDX-5, JL Stealth Sub and JL cleansweep installed tomorrow/Sunday (if need be). Been out of town with work, so haven't been able to get this done. Eagerly awaiting to hear how it sounds, so will report back once completed. I'm hoping it sounds clean ... I listen to a variety of music, so shall give a subjective opinion for all those interested. Way to keep the forum alive by the way guys ... I know everyone has been eagerly awaiting some feedback. My installer plans on taking some pics, so I'll try to get copies for those interested also ...

Check back shortly ...

LoyalSage

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKIV & MKV R32
Gidday all. Quick update from my end ... getting my rainbows, Alpine PDX-5, JL Stealth Sub and JL cleansweep installed tomorrow/Sunday (if need be). Been out of town with work, so haven't been able to get this done. Eagerly awaiting to hear how it sounds, so will report back once completed. I'm hoping it sounds clean ... I listen to a variety of music, so shall give a subjective opinion for all those interested. Way to keep the forum alive by the way guys ... I know everyone has been eagerly awaiting some feedback. My installer plans on taking some pics, so I'll try to get copies for those interested also ...

Check back shortly ...

nice man, welcome back... cant wait for the feedback.

Monkeykungfu

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 BMP GTI

Check back shortly ...

I built my own stealth box, but besides that, we'll have the exact same setup.

The misses gave me the ok to order my PDX-5 this weekend! Last piece to the puzzle besides the wiring harness & deadner, which I'm ordering this week as well.

I've got the stealth box & sub ready to go & wires ran for my amp. Still need to install the cleansweep, the sound deadner and the rainbows... should be fun.

We're going on a road trip to Eureka springs on June 11th through 15th. I'm hoping to have my system installed by then. That gives me two free upcoming weekends to get it done. I'll keep you guys posted.