GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32 Owners: What is your profession?

ikey3125

Ready to race!
Canadian pacific, I'm probably in one of your pictures. I'm just curious do u guys make money of selling those pictures?? What's the deal?

I take pics being I like trains...that and helps for ideas and such when doing models. Basically the same reason dudes take pics of cars, some are into trains, planes, cars, etc. My main hobby is model trains, the R is second...

Doubt you're in any of my pics, CP has trackage rights on BNSF and UP here, but I'm out in WA state.

Staypuftt

What did you do Rey?
I take pics being I like trains...that and helps for ideas and such when doing models. Basically the same reason dudes take pics of cars, some are into trains, planes, cars, etc. My main hobby is model trains, the R is second...

Doubt you're in any of my pics, CP has trackage rights on BNSF and UP here, but I'm out in WA state.

No that's cool, I failed to mention an important part of my misunderstanding. They always take pictures of these shitty run down transfer sets. Pics of a brand new ac 4400 or some steam jobber that shits cool. These gp38s and sd60s are just lame. Maybe it's cause I have to work with them everyday.

Another engineer here got his start out in Spokane for the bn. He's got some wild stories.

Last edited:

ikey3125

Ready to race!
No that's cool, I failed to mention an important part of my misunderstanding. They always take pictures of these shitty run down transfer sets. Pics of a brand new ac 4400 or some steam jobber that shits cool. These gp38s and sd60s are just lame. Maybe it's cause I have to work with them everyday.

Another engineer here got his start out in Spokane for the bn. He's got some wild stories.

Its because AC4400CWs and GEVOs and SD70ACe's are everywhere, and new, where as GP38s and SD60s are older power and being retired by most RRs...so we like to see what is about to be gone...its odd how we do it, it is...

I model mid 90s, so SD60Ms are new power for me...one of the cool things about model trains is you can model the past.

Staypuftt

What did you do Rey?
Its because AC4400CWs and GEVOs and SD70ACe's are everywhere, and new, where as GP38s and SD60s are older power and being retired by most RRs...so we like to see what is about to be gone...its odd how we do it, it is...

I model mid 90s, so SD60Ms are new power for me...one of the cool things about model trains is you can model the past.

Well when u put it like that it makes sense. Thanks for explaining it.

mkvnamedlucy

Great White Buffalo

jonjlee

Car(s)
2008 .:R32
Sr. Systems Administrator :cool:

Elixxur

My car is a scorpion
Car(s)
R32
I changed my profession I'm in IT now at a law firm. Used to work at an Ad Agency and we even did work for VW. VW sucks wen it comes to certain things in the ad world.