GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32 MK5 Door Sills (Scuff Plates)

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
I'm pretty sure that the VW ones only say Golf, Passat, Jetta etc.

Imagine how impressed G-Rig would have been if Panman had opened his door to an illuminated stainless steel sill plate!

HAHA! Or Beispiel.

I think Golf seems lame...but my door sills are getting scratched. Are there any night pictures of it? I don't want it to look ricey.

BarneyBoy

...and it's only a 1.4?
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GT
Hey Guys

This question may or may not have been asked before, but I'm looking at aluminium door sills, runners, scuff plates - which ever you wish to call them for a 5 door mk5 r32.

Had a look at tmtuning.com but the best they can offer are adhesives, not aluminium.
(and not to mention they are $400 AUS + delivery from Germany)

Any other ideas? Places to buy this stuff?

Keep to hear some feedback!!

R.

Try here:
http://www.lockwoodinternational.co.uk/golf-mk5-c417.html
Quality is 1st class, mine were about $80 delivered. A couple of guys on vortex also have them now.
:thumbsup:

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
I'm pretty sure that the VW ones only say Golf, Passat, Jetta etc.

Imagine how impressed G-Rig would have been if Panman had opened his door to an illuminated stainless steel sill plate!

The OEM ones sound a bit boring if they only say that.

I was already impressed to see Panman's Recaros.. i want :drool:

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
Prices on genuine VW scuff plates

http://www.my-gti.com/605/volkswagen-golf-accessories-care-and-protection

These eye-catching polished stainless steel, illuminated entrance strips are available for the front doors. They not only look great, but also help protect your door sills from scratches or damage. When the front doors are opened, the entrance strips feature white illuminated Golf lettering. Each set includes two strips.

Part no. 1K0 071 300 (front illuminated, 2 door) AUD$688.00 (293 pounds ex VAT in UK retail)
Part no. 1K5 071 300 (front illuminated, rear unlit, 4 door) AUD$653.00 (339 pounds ex VAT in UK retail)

These high quality aluminium entrance strips, help protect your door sills from scratches or damage and ensure your vehicle looks great for years to come. Set of four.

Part no. 1K5 071 305 AUD$361.00 (172 pounds ex VAT in UK retail)

BarneyBoy

...and it's only a 1.4?
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GT
Got an pics? they go onto the painted section at the bottom right? not over the existing trim?

Mine fit over the trim section.
After almost a year they are unscratched.
Interestingly people tend to lift their feet over them, rather than dragging their feet over the sill as they did with the stock door openings.

Couple of daggy pics:

Attachments

• P1010568.JPG
    P1010568.JPG
    215 KB · Views: 2,740
  • P1010567.JPG
    P1010567.JPG
    229.9 KB · Views: 3,088

mistaka0s

GIAC'd up
ahhh bugger, was looking to protect the painted bottom bit....

it's getting scuffed, esp on the passenger's side. looking at those pics, it seems like it won't even fit there.