GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32 Full Suspension Upgrade - FattyBoomba

FattyBoomba

Live life in the R Lane!
Car(s)
Golf R32 Mark V
My R32 before the full suspension upgrade! Tonight.. new pics of the R32 lowered with KW V3 Coilovers and H&R Front and Rear Bars! :)

Can't wait for tonight..

By the way, full respect goes out to WhiteJames (James) and GMC (Gerard) for their help and advice in sourcing the right parts for my car. James offered the best of advice as always, and without him, it is hard to make the right choices.

Gerard also gave great advice and did a great deal on these whilst the Aus dollar was freefalling!

All this is being installed during the day, at East Coast Suspension in Kirrawee.

Look out for more pics post installation .. very soon.

Cheers

FattyBoomba (Nick)

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 533

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Such a tease!

johno

Volkswagen Autoliebhaber
Car(s)
R32
god those antennas for satnav are looking like clitoromegaly these days. what was wrong with the old sharkfin?

Hong Chau

Banned
just out of curiosity Nick,
how much did the whole package cost you?

FattyBoomba

Live life in the R Lane!
Car(s)
Golf R32 Mark V
Cost for the KW V3 Coilovers was $3,390 inc GST. RRP is $3,552 inc GST. Bars were separate to this.

Installation is now finished, and I post some pics here below. Car has superb handling now, and feels even more planted and sure footed than before. Glad I did this.. time for exhuast now. :wink:

Attachments

• IMG_0152.jpg
    IMG_0152.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 551
  • IMG_5890.JPG
    IMG_5890.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG_5887.JPG
    IMG_5887.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_5910.JPG
    IMG_5910.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_5899.JPG
    IMG_5899.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 447

Jig

Flow Motion
looks the goods mate... Nice specimen.

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Look forward to seeing the goods in 2 days mate!

FattyBoomba

Live life in the R Lane!
Car(s)
Golf R32 Mark V
Thanks Guys.. I like the look of it now as well.

Just for the record.. it was dropped 22mm on the front (reckons it will settle to 25mm within a month or two) and dropped it 20mm on the back (which should settle to 22mm).

Settings were initially put to medium for rebound front and rear.. that way it is a nice compromise between not being too harsh, yet not too soft like stock.. but I think a little comfort has been lost compared to stock (which is ok by me) and a lot more responsiveness in rebound has been gained for better handling.

The H&R Bars have both been set to Hard for front and rear.

The car does not roll now.. at all.. cool! :)

I love it!

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
looks awesome Nick and cant wait to take some pics at the GTG :happyanim:

Tiny Gti

Banned
Car(s)
05 GTI MKV DSG 5DR
Looks great! :thumbsup:

Any reason you went hard all round with the sways? i know the R32 is heavier than the GTI but with the V3's, i personally think hard is too much! I would have gone softest setting all round and get the V3's really tuned in!

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
^ I don't think all set on hard is as dramatic as it sounds - I started with both on soft, but now have rear on hard, and can't really tell the difference around town. Those who hit the track may be able to share their experience.

Anyway the main idea with leaving the front as soft is that it helps understeer- is this correct?