GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

.:R vs Acura TL Type-S

sekel87

Ready to race!
Sooo.. ran into a white TL Type-S tonight. Highway was fairly empty, so we went up to around the same speed. Both of us were kinda hesitant to go, but then he punched it, and I followed. Started at around 50-55mph.

As soon as we started going, he had about a 1/2 car on me. Then it stayed that way, creeping to 2 cars until around 100mph. Then he started to go further to about 2-3 cars till we shut off. Those cars are fast, and good-looking too :thumbsup:

Mods on my car: chip, intake, exhaust. I think he was stock..

so yeah, just wanted to share. :smile:

EDIT: oh and few more little details.. he was alone, and I had 1 passenger with full tank of gas.

kenton

Ready to race!
The Type-S uses an unsophisticated 11 year old single cam V6 engine with VTEC (not GS-R/Type-R type VTEC, this is more a balanced economy/performance version of VTEC since it's SOHC). Granted, it's a NEW engine for this CAR, but it's a J-series (J35XX) and the J series (first used in a 3.0L form) has been around since 1997.

They look good but pricey for FWD.

BOz

Keep right except to pass
Car(s)
08' MKv GTI
wow i would think an .:R with all those mods would take a TL type S

Car(s)
08 UG GTi
The Type-S uses an unsophisticated 11 year old single cam V6 engine with VTEC (not GS-R/Type-R type VTEC, this is more a balanced economy/performance version of VTEC since it's SOHC). Granted, it's a NEW engine for this CAR, but it's a J-series (J35XX) and the J series (first used in a 3.0L form) has been around since 1997.

They look good but pricey for FWD.

damn you must be in the import scene as well

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
The TL has to be one of the most boring and common cars ever. Every idiot has one here in Chicago. Only surpassed by the 3 series.

When I need to fall asleep at night I just think about the TL. Zzzzz

myfastlikesroadhead

That Guy...
I've pulled one before but it wasn't by a lot from 60-120 I only ended up with a 1 1/2 - 2 Cars. But that was with a bad/going bad camshaft.

STG 2 FTW

The guy had a passenger and was cool about the loss. We gave each other a thumbs up as I could see his lady friend yelling at him... LOL