GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quick question about buying a used car

Anytime08

4258/5000
If I was buying a used mkv R32 from a non-vw used car dealership, would the car be covered under vw warranty if I bought it? Could I purchase a vw waranty if it didnt have one before? or could I transfer my current waranty on my gti to that used r32? Also, if the car has a cai in it, could I tell them to replace it with a stock airbox? thanks.

Eric1285

Ready to race!
If I was buying a used mkv R32 from a non-vw used car dealership, would the car be covered under vw warranty if I bought it? Could I purchase a vw waranty if it didnt have one before? or could I transfer my current waranty on my gti to that used r32? Also, if the car has a cai in it, could I tell them to replace it with a stock airbox? thanks.

Warranty doesn't expire just because someone sells the car. If it's within the original X-years / Y-miles, it should still be under warranty. I'm sure the dealer would be happy tos ell you an extended warranty of sorts. If they won't, you can probably get one from a third party.

You cannot transfer the warranty from one car to another...

You could ask them to order a stock airbox for you, and they would be able to install it - but you'll have to pay for it. You're better off buying someone else's old stock airbox and putting it on yourself.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
the warranty is on the car itself, you can't transfer warranty to another car, atleast not on the factory warranty. original warranty is 4/50 b2b, 5/60 powertrain. For the CAI, that you need to discuss with the dealer. One thing to remember is that, say the previous owner abused the car, or didn't properly maintain it. If this causes a failure, then VW will not warranty the car. If you buy it VW CPO(not some third party), then VW does guarantee that all the maintenance was done up to the POS.

Anytime08

4258/5000
so if the car still has original factory waranty, and i bought it used from another dealership, and it hasnt been abused and i replace the cai with a stock airbox, would vw honor the waranty?

BigPhilR32

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 R32
so if the car still has original factory waranty, and i bought it used from another dealership, and it hasnt been abused and i replace the cai with a stock airbox, would vw honor the waranty?

If the car is a MKV R32, then yes you should still have the factory warranty no matter where you bought your car at. Yes if you take out the CAI and put the stock air box back in, the warranty is still in effect. You should definitely buy the air box used from someone here or on vortex, dealer will charge you an arm and leg for a new one for sure.

I bought my R from a Ford dealership, I just took the car to the VW dealership for some warranty work, doesnt matter where u buy the car.

Anytime08

4258/5000
one more question, whats a good apr on a used car? it will be under my parents name who have a great credit score but i will be paying the monthly bill.