GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

quick question about AUX jack

nosbiggie

Ready to race!
For all of you that use your ipods with the AUX jack, how do you do it? Do you let the wire just hang out of your glove box? My glove doesnt close correctly with the wire sticking out...any solutions?

rideroyals

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
UG MKV
When i used the aux cable my friends manned the ipod. kind of a pain when you had to reach over just to change a track. Also i think at radio shack u can buy a longer AUX cable for like 10 bucks made by monster cable.

I use an itrip for my ipod and let it sit in the cup holder just in arms reach. The GTI antenna is very good at picking up my signal so my sound is just as good as the AUX. I dunno if your digging the wireless deal but its a good investment i think. i got mine for like 50$ probrably cheaper now.

nosbiggie

Ready to race!
Well the problem is not the length i have a 6foot cable so i can have it sitting on my lap if i wanted it to...the problem is the glove box, if i wanted to close it with the wire sticking out then it wont close properly.

vantage

Ready to race!
I just close the glovebox on the wire and have the ipod sit in the cupholder. Mine closes fine on the wire but it has left a small indentation on the edge of the glovebox, but you can't notice it anyway when it's closed. I'm not going to be driving around with my glovebox open.

nosbiggie

Ready to race!
yeah i guess thats the only way to do it

Geesevs

Interior > Horsepower
Car(s)
07 GTI
I just close the glovebox on the wire and have the ipod sit in the cupholder. Mine closes fine on the wire but it has left a small indentation on the edge of the glovebox, but you can't notice it anyway when it's closed. I'm not going to be driving around with my glovebox open.

x2

-mission-

Direkt Schalt Getriebe
Car(s)
MY07 Golf GTI
Food for thought. 3.5mm stereo jacks are nortorious for wearing out and giving bad crackling connections after many inserts (drive your car every day that's 700 times a year). They fail with regular ease, that's why 6.3mm would have been better - but it's too large for most "portable" applications.

To avoid this, buy a 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo male-to-male extension cable (that's not a brokeback mountain moment :laugh: ). Leave it plugged in all the time - that way the Golfs AUX cable jack doesn't get over used.

- M -

nosbiggie

Ready to race!
hmmm...ill think about snaking the cable behind the console thanks for your input.