GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

question about stretching lol wow that sounds messed up

silver_z33

Less mpg
Car(s)
MKVI GLI
a 225 isn't stretched on a 8.5 at all. A 235 isn't stretched at all either, it just makes you more prone to rubbing as well a hint more grip. 225 is your best choice which is what everyone in this thread has already told you.

very true lol thanks for the help, the only other option of wheels i was looking at was possibly avant garde m310s in 18x8 front 18x9 rear. Do u think with the 9's i would need to go bigger than 225. I ask only bc u clearly have alot of experience with this stuff

dubbin

All in, All out..
Car(s)
09 GTI
i got those same wheels (m310's) with 225's all around. they dont stretch much at all on a 9" wheel. i cant wait to throw 215's on though.

silver_z33

Less mpg
Car(s)
MKVI GLI
i got those same wheels (m310's) with 225's all around. they dont stretch much at all on a 9" wheel. i cant wait to throw 215's on though.

thanks man, good choice on wheels. Im actually starting ot lean towards them theyre really classy looking

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
very true lol thanks for the help, the only other option of wheels i was looking at was possibly avant garde m310s in 18x8 front 18x9 rear. Do u think with the 9's i would need to go bigger than 225. I ask only bc u clearly have alot of experience with this stuff

You can run those 9"s no problem. You could run a 225 on that set up all the way around, but again you said your anti stretched tires.

Normally you'd mount a 235-255 on a 9". You can do that if your not all that low with resonable offsets Et45-50 but it might a look a little strange and drastically change the handling characteristics to have that much grip out back. It'd probably understeer like crazy on brisk drives with a 245 on the rear and a 225 up front.

However, tires will be much cheaper for 18"s

silver_z33

Less mpg
Car(s)
MKVI GLI
You can run those 9"s no problem. You could run a 225 on that set up all the way around, but again you said your anti stretched tires.

Normally you'd mount a 235-255 on a 9". You can do that if your not all that low with resonable offsets Et45-50 but it might a look a little strange and drastically change the handling characteristics to have that much grip out back. It'd probably understeer like crazy on brisk drives with a 245 on the rear and a 225 up front.

However, tires will be much cheaper for 18"s

what would u recommend then, 225 all the way around even though its gonn stretch a bit to save the handling characteristics of the car or go 225 front and 235 rear? I cant see the 235 changing the handling all that much and theres no way im going any bigger than that like 245/255. i just want to make the most informed decision possible thanks for the help and that's to everyone who posted, you guys are helpin me out big time i appreciate it

Last edited:

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
With just a 1" drop I'd do the 225 all the way around. I think the 225 on a 9" is a resonable and nice ammount.

Heres a pic for reference.