GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

question about stretching lol wow that sounds messed up

silver_z33

Less mpg
Car(s)
MKVI GLI
i read the sticky on fitment, i wann buy v715's theyre 19x8.5 with a 45 offset. I read that the best fitment with a one inch drop is 235/35/19 and this size should not rub. My only question is how stretched will this tire be on that size rim. Im hoping not too much. If anyone has experience with this or knows more about it please help me out and let me know basically what ill be looking at. thanks guys

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
I think it should be 225/35/19 the 235 won't stretch much on 8.5" wide wheel

posted with my phone

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
a 225 won't stretch much either actually :thumbsup:

A 215 would be your best bet if your plan on going low. 225 if you plan on staying at stock height (which will look terrible)

silver_z33

Less mpg
Car(s)
MKVI GLI
I'm not all that low I only have a one inch drop, I don't really wann go lower than that bc there's alot of pot holes by me. New York roads aren't so great in places lol. Would I be able to run 235s on this ewheels without rubbing or should I go 225 then

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
Check out this photoshoot thread here -> http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130375 to see some images of 225/35/19 on our 19x8.5. Different tires will sit somewhat differently due to slightly differing sidewall designs. A 235/35/19 may or may not rub, this will depend on the sidewalll design of that specific tire and alignment setting - we've seen it go both ways.

silver_z33

Less mpg
Car(s)
MKVI GLI
Check out this photoshoot thread here -> http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130375 to see some images of 225/35/19 on our 19x8.5. Different tires will sit somewhat differently due to slightly differing sidewall designs. A 235/35/19 may or may not rub, this will depend on the sidewalll design of that specific tire and alignment setting - we've seen it go both ways.

I was thinking of going with vredestein sessantas and the sidewalls on those tires are more rounded off they don't really come up too much I think I'd be safe I hope anyway. I'm just not really very into the stretched look ya kno?

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
I was thinking of going with vredestein sessantas and the sidewalls on those tires are more rounded off they don't really come up too much I think I'd be safe I hope anyway. I'm just not really very into the stretched look ya kno?

Ah, gotcha. Remember, if you end up going with 235's it won't require too much to have a rub free fit! These 225's may just give the look you're going for, though. I actually haven't dealt with that tire much firsthand so unfortunately I won't be able to give direct feedback :(

silver_z33

Less mpg
Car(s)
MKVI GLI
Ah, gotcha. Remember, if you end up going with 235's it won't require too much to have a rub free fit! These 225's may just give the look you're going for, though. I actually haven't dealt with that tire much firsthand so unfortunately I won't be able to give direct feedback :(

Well if they do rub what will I have to do to make them fit lol

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
then 225/35/19 should be way to go and yes u can lower with those

silver_z33

Less mpg
Car(s)
MKVI GLI
Yeah but if those 235s rub how can I mod it For a rub free fit

nate122

Go Kart Champion
please dont put 235 on those rims. lol that is like the perfect fitment er what its suppose to be.. (tire poking more than the lip of the rim)

225/35 is your best bet with a 1 inch drop. any more than 1.5 inch drop you need 215/35 or you will need to roll your fenders and fender screw mod!

silver_z33

Less mpg
Car(s)
MKVI GLI
So you're saying don't put a 235 on it bc the tire will be over the lip of the rim a little? That's what I want though I don't want stretch lol I'm only asking bc I really didn't get what u were trying to say there.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
a 225 isn't stretched on a 8.5 at all. A 235 isn't stretched at all either, it just makes you more prone to rubbing as well a hint more grip. 225 is your best choice which is what everyone in this thread has already told you.