GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Q about Konis set ALL the way down

LBKEN41

Too close for missiles...
Car(s)
2007 UG GTI 2-door
Think, I'm sold on koni's now too, after reading this whole thread :biggrin:

Get them man...I will be posting pictures after I get them installed tomorrow. :thumbsup: They're worth it from every single review I've read.

sloMk5

2007 GTI
I just took mine on a 1300 mile trip on the highway, with about 300 miles of mountain driving in the middle, coils on full firm, all the way down w/perches in and the fronts at the same level with plenty of thread to go, butter smooth the whole way. I absolutely love them. No body roll, no bounce, no slop, no harsh ride. The best way I can think of to decribe them is comfortable performance...they look pretty good too ;)

Here's a pic they sent me right after install, before they settled. It's definitely lower now, and I'm about to drop the fronts a hair more too. Right now the top of my rear 225/40/18 tire sits just barely up inside the wheel well, and the perches are still in and there is plenty of thread left in the front so they go a lot lower.

haithame

Apple GTI
Car(s)
'09 GTI MKV
any pics with koni coils and ABT front spoiler??
i'm seriously thinking about getting koni but i'm very hesitated because of my ABT front spoiler...its very low already

LI_HXC_VR6

xstartxtodayx
Car(s)
04 B6 A4 avant
Just had mine installed yesterday and have put about 150 miles on so far... I must say they're pretty damn smooth. I have them on half stiff and they don't even feel like coilovers, feel more like sport springs they're so smooth :thumbsup:

I have the fronts all the way down and the rear down most of the way, the guy who did them said something about the gas tank/gas filler being in the way preventing him from going any lower in the rear :iono: anyone have any insight to what that may be? They're not as low as I had my k-sports but not bad, only about 1/4"-1/2" difference from what I had and they have a little settling to go so should be a bit less when all is said and done.

nectar

crab in my shoemouth
I just took mine on a 1300 mile trip on the highway, with about 300 miles of mountain driving in the middle, coils on full firm, all the way down w/perches in and the fronts at the same level with plenty of thread to go, butter smooth the whole way. I absolutely love them. No body roll, no bounce, no slop, no harsh ride. The best way I can think of to decribe them is comfortable performance...they look pretty good too ;)

Here's a pic they sent me right after install, before they settled. It's definitely lower now, and I'm about to drop the fronts a hair more too. Right now the top of my rear 225/40/18 tire sits just barely up inside the wheel well, and the perches are still in and there is plenty of thread left in the front so they go a lot lower.

clean! perfect drop :thumbsup:

jorizzle

oh word?
Car(s)
'08 CW GTI 6MT
Joey's GTI with the Koni's all the way down with some room to go in the rear...

I should have pics up soon. I <3 my Koni's and DBC for the hook up.

I have a few questions about his setup:

- Are the VMR wheels 18s or 19s?
- How bad is he rubbing (if at all)?
- What tire size?

mreuro

[/IMG]

Konis all the way down in the rear front has about 10threads to go... cant drop all the way down because i rub a lot when turning because of the tire size i am running 235/40/18

RenegadeLatino

obsessed with black
Car(s)
BMP 2008 GTI
They are the 18's.
No rubbing because he got his fenders rolled and we trimmed the fender liner.
The tires are 225/40-18

Think it would rub if the fenders were not rolled but the tires were 215 instead of 225?