GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Punctured tyre

vesssh

Ready to race!
Was driving the car yesterday and the light came on the dash to check the tyres. Went to the servo and the back right was at 29psi, pumped all 4 tyres up to 42psi. Today i was driving the car and the light came on again, stopped at the servo to check and the tyre was at 32psi, had a look at the tyre and it has a nail in it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Removed the wheel from the car just before and going to take it to the tyre place tomorrow, i just hope that it can be repaired and that they wont try and rape me for a new tyre . . .

vesssh

Ready to race!
heres a pic, what you think . . .

Attachments

• P4120034.jpg
    P4120034.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 466

zogger

Ready to race!
should be fine.

I had my tires balanced and stuff the other weekend.. was driving home from work and the sensor came up. Felt the tires where still inflated enough to go to the tire store... pulled up and said I thought there was a nail in the tire.... and sure enough there was :)

Alfy

Passed Driver's Ed
that should be fine. They will just plug up the hole, should cost you no more than $10.

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
It's borderline because it's so close to the sidewall, it depends on what way the nail went in and how much damage it did behind. I had to write a tyre off two weeks ago because of a similar puncture.

vesssh

Ready to race!
i am hoping it will be fine Maverick, going to the tyre place tomorrow, will let you know the outcome. Dont really want to fork out for a new tyre, it has only done 1800 kays

vesssh

Ready to race!
also i dont know if it is just my wheel nuts, but when i removed them it was like they were corroded, is everyone elses like this too??

Brandon

Oval Newbie
Indeed that'll be fine. I've had much worse repaired lol.

johno

Volkswagen Autoliebhaber
Car(s)
R32
tend to agree with maverick but take it to them and you might be lucky.

dodgey

Not a VW owner
Mine was even closer to the edge, and when I asked Beaurepairs if it was safe to be repaired, they checked, and then said yes and did repair it.

vesssh

Ready to race!
cheers for the comments guys

on a side note, what psi are you guys using on your GTI wheels? 42psi to high?

Maverick

Go Kart Champion