GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

problem starting

ep1kGTI

i live where you vacation
i really am clueless at this point, problem started 2 weeks ago id try to start my car but no start,everything is on lights, radio, speedometer ect. but the car will not start all i
hear is a rapid clicking nosie when trying to start

which sounds like its coming from my speedometer and everything on the speedometer is blinking along with the clicking noise as i try to start the car so, i replace the battery factory battery was dued for a new one, after that car started fine.

ran started fine for the week i went to california sat left rhe car home so its been sitting there for four days... same problem happen car won't start clicking noise then after a min it started up fine... any clues what it might be?

Last edited:

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion

Rich241

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
if it was that wouldn't my electical not work or fade because eveythibg works fine the car just won't start

In your case you still have enough voltage for some of your accessories but you just don't have enough voltage in the battery to start the vehicle.

ep1kGTI

i installed a bsh pcv fix if that has something to do with it, i just got off work car was sitting for 8hours 63 degress out and car started fine:iono:

ive notice it only happen if the car sits for couple days

HereToday

Banned
parasitic draw?

x2 do you have any aftermarket wiring? Radio lights anything? BSH revamp won't have anything to do with this.

nightshift111

Red line it
Car(s)
06 GTI MKV
im having the same proplem and sometimes it can be a few days for me , are a hour are 2 and the battry dieds ? i checked mine with a baterry charger and the gauge says %75 but still wont start ? sometimes wont even turn over ? i even tryied charging mine like 3 4 times for hours and still samething ? i dunno if i got low acid in the battery are what but its really pissen me off

ep1kGTI

ok autozone were complete idiots told me to replace my bat even tho its a new battery, anyway now the problems happens every start up after the car sits for 8hrs i have to turn and holdthe key until it turns on and my front auto pwoer windows dont work goes up and down fine but not auto