GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post Pictures of you car accidents!

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
I have been in my fair share of car accidents for only being 25. Most were my fault some were not.

So I will start the thread off with 4 pictures from the 5 accidents I have had.

Give the year and make of the car and one sentence of what happened.

1. 1994 Pontiac Grand Am

2. 2002 Hyundai Accent

3. 2006 Acura RSX

4. 2012 Mazda 3 - I brought the car in for an oil change and when returning the car, the guy who washed it crashed it into a newer $80K Porsche 911 Turbo sitting in the parking bay. I got the dealer to give me a new car after, free of charge.

Last edited:

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Wow OP, sounds like you need to me more careful. In Canada you probably wouldn't even be able to get insurance after a few at fault accidents like that.

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
Wow OP, sounds like you need to me more careful. In Canada you probably wouldn't even be able to get insurance after a few at fault accidents like that.

The first two were not reported to insurance companies. I pay $65 a month for insurance in NY.

dmarsh15

Ready to race!

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
golf
Did you hit a brick wall?

might have been a better outcome actually haha, a tree...i was home on easter break and it was easter sunday just coming home from the parents house, i headed over to a friends place...

not being in the area for awhile i didnt realize there was a bridge out in town and had to be detoured around, well i was detoured off a road i was unfamiliar with, no lines, no speed limit signs, very dark...

i was doing about 30mph with my highbeams on and was looking ahead at what looked to be a straight road, but here it was someones driveway that continued straight where the road actually mad a hard 90 degree turn (no sign or warning)....

slowed down downshifted into 2nd gear as my mind was playing tricks on me, by the time i realized it was actually a 90, i was going to need to enter the turn, my car stiffened and understeered right off the side of the road about half the cars width...

I would of been fine if it wasnt for a stump that had been cut down about 2 ft. off the no shoulder...i hit the stump

a car coming behind me about a min later did the same thing and almost pinned me between my car and his

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
Great idea. A thread to remind me why my insurance rates are so high (I've never been in an accident, all it takes is paying attention, folks).

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
Dang op you sound like a scumbag. SNAP!

Scumbag how? Not reporting the first two accidents or the pulling people over? The car was totalled?? :iono: I was 17 and it never harmed anyone except myself, dont understand how that qualifies as a scumbag? Harmless fun when in high school and bored.

Great idea. A thread to remind me why my insurance rates are so high (I've never been in an accident, all it takes is paying attention, folks).

Why would your insurance rates be high if you never were in an accident? Mine is $65 a month with three reported accidents and multiple tickets.

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
Why would your insurance rates be high if you never were in an accident? Mine is $65 a month with three reported accidents and multiple tickets.

As more accidents, law suits, and thefts occur, the higher everyone's rates go. Just the same with medical insurance and illnesses. The money has to come from somewhere.

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
Impersonating a police officer is a next level scumbag maneuver, brah.

Because of drivers like you. Plus, Detroit.

I never impersonated a police officer, not once. Flashing a bright LED light is not the equivalent of being a police officer.

Me getting into an accident into a tree and telephone pole does not affect your insurance. I do not understand your logic on this? Did you read how the accidents happened? Only one time I was involved with another car and I was the driver the rest were solid objects. "3. 2006 Acura RSX - I was sitting at a stop light and some guy tries to drift his truck around the turn and hit me."

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
I never impersonated a police officer, not once. Flashing a bright LED light is not the equivalent of being a police officer.

Me getting into an accident does not affect your insurance. I do not understand your logic on this? Did you read how the accidents happened? Only one time I was involved with another car and I was the driver the rest were solid objects.

Pulling people over by flashing a bright light?

Dude, that's a criminal offense.

While your particular accidents don't affect my insurance, there are other drivers out there behaving like you did who do report accidents like those to insurance. Statistics drive insurance rates, brah.