GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

POLE - Measles and vaccinations - read thread for pole.

Legal ramifications for unvaccinated causing harm/death to those vaccinated?

• Absolutely. It is irresponsible to put everyone at risk.

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • No way in hell. Opens up a can of worms.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • I am on the fence. My kid dies? Yes. Not my kid? No care.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • WTF?

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Not according to many republicans in our government.

I mean, fuck - they had to VOTE on whether climate change was real. They might as well be taking a vote on science being real, too.

:word:

Amazing, ain't it? Amazing, frustrating, sad, and embarrassing.

The flu shot and measles vaccination are not the same thing. Like at all. Stop using that as an example.

Even those who are vaccinated are not 100‰ safe. But it was damn near that when everyone was vaccinated. Because of completely selfish reasons those who stupidly choose to not vaccinate they have put everyone in danger.

I suppose because measles was so non existent people have a hard time understanding how big a deal this is. It is much more contagious than Ebola is but for some reason people are more scare of Ebola than measles.

This situation will only get worse, and those who chose to not vaccinate are to blame.

Thanks, NEEK, for this post. You're speaking as a medical professional now.:clap: Regarding the bolded sentence, that's an important point that I was thinking about lately. These, I believe, are usually younger parents who have no concept of these diseases running rampant through the population, and how common they once were. These vaccinations are probably the single main reason that infant mortality has fallen so dramatically in the past 50 or so years and why many of you are alive and healthy and not crippled today. I am old enough to have had a friend when I was a kid whose older brother had polio. Fucking POLIO. It was the fucking middle ages. Imagine a world where thousands and thousands of kids died of measles or rubella or were permanently crippled by polio. Every year. And it was THE NORM. These vaccines are fucking MIRACLES of modern science. You Jesus freaks, you want to witness a miracle, look up what these vaccinations did for infant and child mortality in the last half of the 20th century. Worship the science that brought you that you morons.

The appalling part to me is the type of people who aren't vaccinating their kids. Typically upper middle class and educated. These are people who should know better. I guess critical thinking isn't a byproduct of university education these days.

Yea, fuck them too.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Exactly, FAP.

People take health for granted in every way. Especially here in the US where we have access to health preserving measures such as vaccinations. Ignorance is no excuse to not vaccinate. The trend to not vaccinate is having some very serious ramifications.

I am one measles infected non vaccinated patient transport away from contracting this and bringing it home to my vaccinated family. That shit is scary. All because some jackass believes the hype or makes some ridiculous religious claim against it?

There are reported cases in my region. You bet your ass I am educating myself about every piece of information out there regarding measles since I could be exposed to it very easily. If you are not doing the same, AND MAKING SURE THOSE AROUND YOU ARE VACCINATED, then you are more of an ignorant slut than Jane.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Exactly, FAP.

People take health for granted in every way. Especially here in the US where we have access to health preserving measures such as vaccinations. Ignorance is no excuse to not vaccinate. The trend to not vaccinate is having some very serious ramifications.

I am one measles infected non vaccinated patient transport away from contracting this and bringing it home to my vaccinated family. That shit is scary. All because some jackass believes the hype or makes some ridiculous religious claim against it?

There are reported cases in my region. You bet your ass I am educating myself about every piece of information out there regarding measles since I could be exposed to it very easily. If you are not doing the same, AND MAKING SURE THOSE AROUND YOU ARE VACCINATED, then you are more of an ignorant slut than Jane.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Exactly, FAP.

all this fucking hippie naturalist vegan free range shit has gotten insane, people are turning off their brains and trying to move us into a repeat of the dark ages

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
They just reported a case at a college a few miles from where I work....this dude went everywhere in the area while contagious....the Gym, the Library, local convenience store...he may possibly be the Typhoid Mary of Central PA .....

PS Jane...that cow....

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
They just reported a case at a college a few miles from where I work....this dude went everywhere in the area while contagious....the Gym, the Library, local convenience store...he may possibly be the Typhoid Mary of Central PA .....

"Pennsylvania has one of the worst vaccination rates among kindergartners. About 85 percent of Pennsylvania kindergartners were vaccinated during the 2013-2014 school year...."

I am hoping The 15% were likely mostly Amish/Mennonites who tend to stick to themselves...I sure as shit hope that college dude dint cough all over a kid in Sheetz....

PS I know he didn't need to cough to infect someone....just sayin...

Purch

If you're vaccinated what the fuck do you have to worry about?
If you get an illness that you've been vaccinated for, doesn't that prove vaccines are more or less a croc of shit and mainly to put money in pharmaceutical companies pockets?
My kid was vaccinated for chicken pox, and guess what, he got it a couple months ago. I myself was vaccinated for measles many years ago, and I too fell ill to the virus, and guess what, I'm perfectly fucking fine now. The people with the four confirmed cases here in Toronto are all perfectly fine.

It's all propaganda bullshit, and you're spewing it just like they want you to.

Buffgli

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GLI
There shouldn't be legal ramifications for not getting vaccinated, as that is something the government should not have any say in. It's the peoples choice. If they want to leave their children susceptible to diseases that are preventable in this day and age, be my guest. Opting out for the minutest chance that there will be an adverse effect is nonsensical as the benefits outweigh the negatives tenfold. Could you imagine if people didn't vaccinate for Polio or Small pox, what are world would look like? But maybe I just don't "get it", lol.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Scary thing is that it can LINGER IN THE AIR FOR UP TO 2 HOURS. If you are not vaccinated, don't go anywhere someone who has been infected has been for 2 hrs after they leave. Oh wait. You likely won't know someone who has been infected has been there. The grocery store, the gym, gas station. ANYWHERE.

If everyone had been vaccinated, we would not be having this discussion. Bummer.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
There shouldn't be legal ramifications for not getting vaccinated, as that is something the government should not have any say in. It's the peoples choice. If they want to leave their children susceptible to diseases that are preventable in this day and age, be my guest. Opting out for the minutest chance that there will be an adverse effect is nonsensical as the benefits outweigh the negatives tenfold. Could you imagine if people didn't vaccinate for Polio or Small pox, what are world would look like?

Maybe not for not getting vaccinated, but certainly if someone who is not vaccinated infects someone else who is vaccinated and kills them.

Again, the people not choosing to vaccinate are putting those who do lives' in danger. It is irresponsible. You want to be a part of society, you must adhere to societal rules. Someone who has AIDS can't just recklessly bang anyone with no protection and not informing then. Same principle applies here.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
If you get an illness that you've been vaccinated for, doesn't that prove vaccines are more or less a croc of shit and mainly to put money in pharmaceutical companies pockets?
My kid was vaccinated for chicken pox, and guess what, he got it a couple months ago. I myself was vaccinated for measles many years ago, and I too fell ill to the virus, and guess what, I'm perfectly fucking fine now. The people with the four confirmed cases here in Toronto are all perfectly fine.

No, it is you who is spewing the bullshit. You obviously have no solid facts to back up anything you have said.

AM407

Autocross Champion

It doesn't work that way.

Read up on herd immunity: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity

And you think it's all "propaganda bullshit" that thousands of people used to die annually from diseases like measles and polio, but now they don't?

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion