GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

POLE - Measles and vaccinations - read thread for pole.

Legal ramifications for unvaccinated causing harm/death to those vaccinated?

• Absolutely. It is irresponsible to put everyone at risk.

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • No way in hell. Opens up a can of worms.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • I am on the fence. My kid dies? Yes. Not my kid? No care.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • WTF?

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Calvinball

Go Kart Champion
I'm not going to rant and rave at those who choose not to vaccinate their children. I am going to tell them their children will be limited in their interaction with mine until mine is.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
But the point is that the unvaccinated child will put your vaccinated child at risk of contracting a disease that should have remained a non issue for us in the US.

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
Mutation man....vaccination is no guarantee that you won't get this strain....
It was all but wiped out in this country, and it needed to stay wiped out....

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
You felt rundown or under the weather for a day?

Flu shots should be given to the elderly and those with a compromised immune system.
If you're healthy, then you're body has a natural defense that will work just fine

btw i wasn't rundown for a day. . . Full blown 2 week viral flu after the flu shot

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
Flu shots should be given to the elderly and those with a compromised immune system.
If you're healthy, then you're body has a natural defense that will work just fine

btw i wasn't rundown for a day. . . Full blown 2 week viral flu after the flu shot
Damn!!!! They say it's a fallacy but you are about the 20th person I have come across with this experience....and thus, I have not ever nor will ever get a flu shot....

PrayforMojo

Go Kart Champion
I don't get what the worry is. If you vaccinate your child they are safe right? So who cares if they come in contact with someone who isn't vaccinated if you really believe that vaccines are as great as you are all saying.

Babies and children with compromised immunity can't be vaccinated.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
The flu shot and measles vaccination are not the same thing. Like at all. Stop using that as an example.

Even those who are vaccinated are not 100‰ safe. But it was damn near that when everyone was vaccinated. Because of completely selfish reasons those who stupidly choose to not vaccinate they have put everyone in danger.

I suppose because measles was so non existent people have a hard time understanding how big a deal this is. It is much more contagious than Ebola is but for some reason people are more scare of Ebola than measles.

This situation will only get worse, and those who chose to not vaccinate are to blame.

PrayforMojo

Go Kart Champion
The appalling part to me is the type of people who aren't vaccinating their kids. Typically upper middle class and educated. These are people who should know better. I guess critical thinking isn't a byproduct of university education these days.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
Anyone who claims they do not need to get vaccinated because they are heatlhy, is an idiot.

Anyone who claims they got the flu because they got the flu shot, is an idiot.

Anyone who wishes to argue either of the above points; do your homework before you try... The flu shot CANNOT give you the flu; it is biologically impossible (you can certainly still catch a different strain from those around you). Being healthy does not EVER prevent you from contracting virulent diseases, it can help, but it is no guarantee.

Finally, anyone who gets my kids sick with the measles or some other preventable disease because they are too stupid to get vaccinated, may God have mercy on their soul, because I will not.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Anyone who claims they do not need to get vaccinated because they are heatlhy, is an idiot.

Anyone who claims they got the flu because they got the flu shot, is an idiot.

Anyone who wishes to argue either of the above points; do your homework before you try... The flu shot CANNOT give you the flu; it is biologically impossible (you can certainly still catch a different strain from those around you). Being healthy does not EVER prevent you from contracting virulent diseases, it can help, but it is no guarantee.

Finally, anyone who gets my kids sick with the measles or some other preventable disease because they are too stupid to get vaccinated, may God have mercy on their soul, because I will not.

I like this guy. He knows his shit instead of spouting off misinformation as fact.

:clap: