GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pics of my new GTI ! First impressions?

croak2012

Car(s)
mkv5
Hi, Ian from London here, new member and new owner of my first ever GTI! I posted a few pics and some specs. I will have many questions in the future , but for now just looking for your first impressions?
Thanks.

Spec:

63000 miles
S3 turbo conversion(koa4),
S3 injectors,
uprated fuel pump,
full milltek quad exhaust with sports cell cat ,
k and n typhoon (i think) induction kit,
samco hosing,
uprated intercooler(forge twintercooler),
lowered on quality springs,
tinted rear windows,
carbon wrapped roof and wing mirrors,
brand new 18" alloys Cades
the gearbox was removed and rebuilt with upgraded parts,
a new uprated clutch fitted,
tyres are infinity i think?
remapped by Revo (well over 300bhp on Dyno)
the usual heated seats, etc. that come with gti.

see pics in album.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Welcome to the forum! Damn dude your car is looking really good! Love the quad tip exhaust, pretty much everything on your car is on point. Very very well done, and I love the color.

What exactly did you do to the gearbox, as far as upgrading the parts? Seems a little unnecessary for a K04, plans on going bigger with the turbo?

croak2012

Car(s)
mkv5
Thanks man! the low quality pictures don't really do the back side justice! looks a lot better in HD haha. It's a more grown up look with slightly more subtle styling. I also really love white and black gtis though haha. um... - output shaft , bearing and oil change.
I don't think it's that necessary- just depends how you clutch is going , and if you have know someone who can do it for you . better to ask someone who knows more about the gti gearbox. feels really nice and with the short shifting of course. I'm not sure yet about upgrading.
at the moment its interior - I have just had the interior seats valeted and waiting for pry tools from ebay so I can change the window switch panel trim(gets scratched easily) on driver and passenger side. interior will look really really clean after I get that done. mine is 6 speed manual though - was tempted by dsg... your white golf with gold wheels - i'm drooling already haha!

Last edited:

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, your car really does look great. Doesn't have that ricer boy 16 year old look to it at all. Very tastefully done, excited to see where you go with it from here.

Thanks man! It's been one he'll of a road to get my white car where it is now. My Grey one is another animal as well, but much much more civilized lol.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Grey is the fastest color.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I like it...did you get that from any of the members on the MK5GolfGTI UK forum?

Love the rear dual valance...you know its brand? You aware of the cam follower life in these that have a hpfp upgrade? Just in case not...every 10k to 12k miles it needs to be replaced...15k miles if you are lucky. If you know if it is an Autotech upgrade...they can wear the quickest. They have a longer inner piston than most others and they pump nearly 30 psi more and this can make them have the shorter of the CF life spans I mentioned.

croak2012

Car(s)
mkv5
thanks for the heads up ! I have asked about the valance and cam follower - he said that
it was changed around 50k - car is at 62k so I think I might change this!
he said he tried to find out about valance but gave up ! bought it from private seller so not a member as far as i know. Anything else I need to be aware of - kao4 was installed about 6-7 years ago.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Sounds like the CF has 12k miles on it....if the hpfp was upgraded at the same time the K04 was installed...and likely that it was. You know if the hpfp was upgraded? If so...the CF could be ready to wear through at any moment and will destroy the hpfp and the intake cam.

Timing belt and water pump replacement...I do mine every 60k miles but it isn't really due until the 80k mile mark.