GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pic request: 9.5 ET 23

innovate

Go Kart Champion
Anyone running a 9.5 wide wheel with 23 offset? Found cheap wheels but I don't know if it'll work. I'm on air I want to tuck but the wheels come with 215/45/17 tires which I'll have to replace. After adapters the offer is 23. Any clearance issues? Strut to wheel?

Falut

vtak yo
Clearance will be fine in the front and back. Front you should probably get a 205/40 or 45 and for the rear the same. It won't tuck in the front without camber, but it might in the rear if you have lots of camber

Falut

vtak yo
In the front it will sit like this with about 3mm more poke

Front Fitment by falut, on Flickr

For the rear I think shesadub was running et25 with his Alphards, but I can't really judge how it fits off of his pics since his quarter panels are so fubar haha

Rollineuro

Go Kart Champion
This^

Im running 18x9 et.38 with max camber in the rear to tuck.
I'm a 9.5 et40(ish...i have to measure them) and it just tucks on unpulled quarters with -3.5/-3.6 camber. Fronts are 8.5 same offset and I can actually space them a few mm and still tuck. Those specs you have won't tuck.

Rollineuro

Go Kart Champion
If he gets his camber pushed really far and maybe a pull and he might, I'm not sure how much each degree of camber helps but mines at -4.8 while the so called max is -3.5
Each car is different. The guy that did my alignment has an MKV Jetta at -5.5 without modification. We agreed to just do as much camber as needed to tuck mine so I'm not sure if more could have been had or not.

GTIKole.

Wheel Whore
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
It wont tuck. I ran 17x9 et28 with 205/40's on the front and 17x9.5 et25 with 215/40's on the rear. The back will poke at max camber and the front will poke as well with out camber plate or heavy fender work.
Here is my 17x9.5 et25

Then 17x9 et28 on the front.

innovate

Go Kart Champion
It wont tuck. I ran 17x9 et28 with 205/40's on the front and 17x9.5 et25 with 215/40's on the rear. The back will poke at max camber and the front will poke as well with out camber plate or heavy fender work.
Here is my 17x9.5 et25

Then 17x9 et28 on the front.
Any side shots? Kinda like that fitment.