GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Paint scratch help

IrCsabi

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys, any ideas of fixing this? any diy? :)

Attachments

• 2012-09-07 18.19.30.jpg
    2012-09-07 18.19.30.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 544

Rude Jr

Drummer for Subject 16
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI, Mk2 TT RS
For an exact paint match go google automotivetouchup

$20 a can (spray paint)

as for the actual work involved in fixing that... search around and I know you'll find something

Eurokid

low n' loud
Car(s)
Mark V GTI
Duplicolor does a decent color match. But im sure you know about that. You can get a touch up pen/ brush for $7 that is pretty damn close to true color from advanceauto. Those are some cheap options. The CW touch up pen is good enough that I lost which part I was touching up on my hood. Camouflage....

aircanman

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf 07 TDi
Get a can of the colour from your automotive store, mask off the area and about 1cm around the marks, then using the spray, spray evenly coating and filling the holes, you need to then look at some very fine grit sandpaper to bring it all level again, then use some good polish to bring it back.

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
Get a can of the colour from your automotive store, mask off the area and about 1cm around the marks, then using the spray, spray evenly coating and filling the holes, you need to then look at some very fine grit sandpaper to bring it all level again, then use some good polish to bring it back.

Hahaha^ good luck.
Op don't try spray your self if you have no idea. Just get a color matched pen or brush and touch it up. Or take it to the professionals. On the cheap look up smart repairs in your area and they will come to your house and do it on site.

Bizzy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 2Door Bmp GTI

Lol that's gonna look like shit dude.

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Dont go the spray can route. As for automotive touchup, i painted my lowers with their UG rattle paint and i can vouch for them. Awesome colormatch and fast shipping

MattMkv

Ready to race!
You can put touch up paint on it to try and blend it.

The only way to get it back to 100% would be to get it repainted by a profesional who will sand it down, primer it, and repaint it. The scratches/chips are too deep.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
WAY too deep and extensive to use touch-up paint but unless you want to pay hundreds to have the fender repainted that's your only option.

Rude Jr

Drummer for Subject 16
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI, Mk2 TT RS
Dont go the spray can route. As for automotive touchup, i painted my lowers with their UG rattle paint and i can vouch for them. Awesome colormatch and fast shipping

This. Used UG rattle can on votex lip with awesome results!

junker

You get an 'F'!
Car(s)
MkV GTI FSI
Do you guys realize you can go to the dealer and buy factory color-matched touch-up paint? Comes with 2 pens - color and clear - for only $10 to $15.

Other option is to take it off and have a pro do it.

Bodhi

Go Kart Champion
Do you guys realize you can go to the dealer and buy factory color-matched touch-up paint? Comes with 2 pens - color and clear - for only $10 to $15.

Other option is to take it off and have a pro do it.

Yeah, bu those aren't very small scratches. The pens work best for smaller scratches.

junker

You get an 'F'!
Car(s)
MkV GTI FSI
Yeah, my point is that is much much cheaper if cost is a factor, or for something temporary. And they are good to have for small things anyway.

But yeah to be perfect, it's going to need to get painted.

defense05

Ready to race!
Find a friend who can repaint it professionally or just deal with it man... I went the route of using a touch-up pen and I failed horribly, lol.