GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Orca 2 piece wheels?

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
My GLI came with 17" Orca wheels. Come to find out that these are true 2 piece wheels from VW, or at least that is what I'm being told.

Long and the short of it is my car is being built up around the OEM + mantra, and prefer to use only VW OEM parts in my car. Well that and I've grown attached to these wheels.

I want to get them powdercoated, but will I run into any issues as these are 2 piece wheels? Should they be disassembled first? Anyone seen these wheels powdercaoted before? I apologize if these are silly questions.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
First post fail. People have been doing this forever. I've seen countless threads on refinishing two piece wheels and some of them are extremely detailed and long write-ups. Try searching first.

mkvsculptor

I would definitively disassemble first or you will never ever be able to! Im sure someone on here has at least painted them. Take a look with the search button at the top of the page.

mlowmk5

nothing rhymes w/ orange
Car(s)
2 dr CW
Dissemble first. You will need a triple square bit to remove the screws. Do not strip them else you will be drilling them out.

Good luck.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
First post fail. People have been doing this forever. I've seen countless threads on refinishing two piece wheels and some of them are extremely detailed and long write-ups. Try searching first.

I did, god forbid you had to actually read 2 seconds worth of a post from a new member.

Go back to your lofty cloud you sit on the other 23 hours and 58 seconds of the day.

Dissemble first. You will need a triple square bit to remove the screws. Do not strip them else you will be drilling them out.

Good luck.

Thanks, I will be doing this in the very near future.

I would definitively disassemble first or you will never ever be able to! Im sure someone on here has at least painted them. Take a look with the search button at the top of the page.

I looked around, albeit not too long, but didn't come up with much. I appreciate your help.

Simmsled

Parking Garage > Tree
Car(s)
its not special.
Go back to your lofty cloud you sit on the other 23 hours and 58 seconds of the day.

Doug, would that be a Cirrus cloud? It appears that a Cirrus could be considered fairly lofty. :biggrin:

In all seriousness, OP, wheel rebuilds are aplenty on here. You'll find a lot of info on prep, polish, paint, clear, etc. if you search a bit.

Also... for anyone wondering what this wheel looks like:

Nice wheels, OP. They are pretty rare. Good luck for a local guy!