GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Opinion on if my car is totalled?

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
DBP 4 door GTI
Took a turn going a little fast, honestly thinking i could make it, but the gravel had another plan for me
slid across the street into this curb, a high one at that :mad:

anyway, my brother says the odds of it being totalled are very high, just wondering what you guys though

the tranny mount literally fell off of the car, but the motor wasnt touched by the curb at all, i popped the hood, didnt get a picture but from what i saw, the everything infront of the motor got smashed, driver side fog broken, i broke my driver side axle, the force of the impact looks like it pushed my quarter pannel back into my door and I think its safe to assume that im going to need a new bumper
not sure if the frame got twisted, but I dont think it did

just wondering if you guys think its totalled because it seems like these things get totalled easily judging by the other threads of accidents

Attachments

• Resampled_2011-12-10_09-12-54_933.jpg
    Resampled_2011-12-10_09-12-54_933.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 2,401

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG
Props for being honest about it being your fault.

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
DBP 4 door GTI
the driver side airbag deployed, the burn mark on my arm proves it :mad:
but yeah, it was completely my fault, and luckily there was a cop behind me who saw the whole thing because my tires left a nice, long skid mark, made it look like i was speeding

Xenor

Clean Freak
Car(s)
GTI
Doesn't look totalled. Probably hit the subframe and some other stuff so you just need to be sure it gets back together ok. Take it somewhere that is knowledgeable about the mechanics of the car. Doesn't look like any body panels, besides the bumper are farked, I'd say you're good. Just get someone reputable to give it the once over performance/mechanics wise. They won't total that I don't think.

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
DBP 4 door GTI
Doesn't look totalled. Probably hit the subframe and some other stuff so you just need to be sure it gets back together ok. Take it somewhere that is knowledgeable about the mechanics of the car. Doesn't look like any body panels, besides the bumper are farked, I'd say you're good. Just get someone reputable to give it the once over performance/mechanics wise. They won't total that I don't think.

im taking it to the dealership i got it from since they work hand-in-hand with my insurance company. lets see how it goes from there...
im hoping its not totalled, i had big plans for this car....

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
Massive understeer...

Good to hear you're okay. More than likely, it won't be totaled. I've seen much worse damage on a GTI that has been covered.

Good luck man :thumbsup:

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
DBP 4 door GTI
Massive understeer...

Good to hear you're okay. More than likely, it won't be totaled. I've seen much worse damage on a GTI that has been covered.

Good luck man :thumbsup:

thanks for re-assuring me =)
i didnt think it was until i saw how badly the wheel mus-aligned the panels and that's what got me worried

shortwave360

dub junkie
Car(s)
'08 GTi 6MT
I think it's a close call. These cars are only worth about 14k these days and there is a lot of labor involved to fix that car. Hidden damage is most likely there and I would want the car totaled out if I were you. Take it to some expensive shops and work the adjuster. Let them keep the car and move on to something that you won't want to hot rod around during winter months.

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
DBP 4 door GTI
Not trying to sound holier then thou... I cut a stop sign in half in a mk4 doing the same type of stupid sh**

haha i hear you man, it happens
but its my first car, and im the only 4 door in my area, so i kinda want to keep it.
if this is totalled im staying in the vw community either way so i would rather keep this