GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

On Ebay 285 coilover system

ObeyMyFast!

^Who I am...What I say->

ObeyMyFast!

^Who I am...What I say->
You guys that are all the way down in front....you think I can jack up the front of the car, turn the wheel to one side, and have enough room to adjust the coils?

Make sure you use phonebooks to drive on before you try the jack... I cant get mine up without an extra boost. (thats not what she said)

You guys that are all the way down in front....you think I can jack up the front of the car, turn the wheel to one side, and have enough room to adjust the coils?

I know that when all the way down, i could get a coilwrench in there to raise it back up, but it was tight. Once you're about 5 or 6 threads from the bottom, you can raise it up a lot easier. No need to turn the wheel.

-FF

Deutsch

Ready to race!
So I heard this loud popping sound twice while driving at slow speeds and turning the wheel sharp. So I decide to jack the car up and take off the front wheels and check and see if anything is wrong. The only thing I see wrong is that the little plastic black pieces on top of the shock are cracked and pretty loose, so I put everything back on. I start driving it again, and now if I put it in neutral and have no other sound, listen closely I hear a small vibrating sound from the front, can't tell what it is. I'm assuming it might be those little black pieces rattling around, but I don't really know.

Here are the pieces I am talking about...

Any idea what it could be? How to fix? Also, are those black pieces important? Or could I just take them off?

Deutsch

Ready to race!
Okay, so I went out to take another look at it since last night it was dark heh.

Well basically on the drivers side...this thing is broken off and the thin rod that was connected to it is just hanging there, which is probably the cause of the vibration.

How bad is that? Will it harm the car to drive it with that broken until I can get it fixed? Could I just pay a place to weld it back on instead of having to buy a whole new coilover kit or stock suspension? What kind of place would do a weld like that?

Deutsch

Ready to race!
damn another set of busted endlinks. are your tabs shaped just like the ones you circled?

check this thread deutsch : http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114688

thanks for the reply and link bro.

so some of the people in that thread are saying not to drive it too much and some are saying don't worry about it, it's fine to drive. I didn't have them installed by a professional so the warranty is out of the question. I think someone said he just got it welded back on..

How much would that cost and where could I get it done at?
Like what type of place?
Will I be okay driving 40 miles to work and 40 miles home on the highway until I get it fixed?

edit: read that their customer service is pretty good and they'll ship out a replacement, no questions asked, so I'll try that, but until then I'm just concerned, if I just leave everything as is, with the one side broken and the FSB still connected, will I be safe driving it 40 miles to work and 40 miles from work at 65-70mph?

stepx88

Go Kart Champion
my black plastic pieces cracked into piece from the shocks. I still hear a squeaking noise. People are telling me its where the spring sits and making it turn and rub on metal. Can anyone help to solve this prob without going to a shop?

TN GTI

Volkswagger
thanks for the reply and link bro.

so some of the people in that thread are saying not to drive it too much and some are saying don't worry about it, it's fine to drive. I didn't have them installed by a professional so the warranty is out of the question. I think someone said he just got it welded back on..

How much would that cost and where could I get it done at?
Like what type of place?
Will I be okay driving 40 miles to work and 40 miles home on the highway until I get it fixed?

edit: read that their customer service is pretty good and they'll ship out a replacement, no questions asked, so I'll try that, but until then I'm just concerned, if I just leave everything as is, with the one side broken and the FSB still connected, will I be safe driving it 40 miles to work and 40 miles from work at 65-70mph?

I would take the endlink completely off so it's not hanging down hitting random things. But some people don't even have a front sway bar if they are super low. So you'll be fine, but might notice some understeer I think? Maybe it's oversteer. I can't remember.

still tippin

I<3 BOOST
Car(s)
vw gti mkv
Wow i dnt think dats safe..the raceland fail thread is talking about the endlink busting not the plate that it screws on to..the problem is those plate rods are to thin and welded weak..just get it re welded right and stronger..any update with people runing fk endlinks.??

stepx88

Go Kart Champion
ive been running fk endlinks for amost a month. it fees better now but i have another thing that makes the noise, i mentioned it before when i fully turn left i hear a bad rubbing like metal to metal, and when i put more gas the rubbing starts and hard to go since its rubbing. And like i said i still have the squeaking noise on the rear.