GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil Temp Gauge

wizzo

Ready to race!
Hey guys, not to much info on this topic, ive done my searching and understood that Podi have still not come up with a solution for an oil temp gauge, new south has 2 solutions, the drain plug (which is not very accurate because it is post cooling) and the banjo bolt (more accurate)..

However i dont know which part i would need from new south to install my aem oil temp gauge if i wanted to use the banjo, and i only found a DIY for the oil pressure, are they the same location, could i just install the oil temp in place of the oil pressure fitting? It is 1/8..

http://www.aemelectronics.com/1-8-ptf-water-coolant-oil-temperature-sensor-kit-1237 Would this sender fit with the banjo mod?

Thanks

Alik4041

Habibi!
Car(s)
08 Jetta Wolfsburg
Not sure if you checked out this thread, but some very good information starting on page 2. I'm actually in the same position myself. I was told that the banjo bolt might interfere with the flow of the oil.

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
oil pressure and temp can use the same banjo bolt as long as the sensor thread is the same as the inside of the banjo bolt

nashbar

Ready to race!
Car(s)
b5s4, fz1 and mk5
I'm putting oil pressure and temperature sensors together. NewSouth had better pricing on everything than I could find elsewhere. email them and ask.

wizzo

Ready to race!
I dont see a need for the oil pressure gauge on our cars, if something was to go wrong car would stop before i would notice the gauge, ive driven on low oil before by accident, car went into limp..

However at the track i would like to be able to monitor oil temps, so i can decide when to take a cool down lap..

Thanks guys