GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oh dear.

benno

AU section: 1 man band
Yeah, you're right, I should have, cause I totally knew that my insurance company sent my written off car to auction months after they paid me out, and I totally knew that some random girl was bidding on it, and I totally knew that she was going to win the auction.

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
I always thought a car written off due to flooding was unable to be sold, I'm fairly certain if the car had warranty left that Volkswagen would be able to deny any claims.

My understanding when flooding occurs it is virtually impossible to tell if anything could go wrong until it does, if that makes sense. As Maverick said if the CAN bus has been affected that is one system you don't want screwing up without warning!

I think the new owner is about to learn an expensive lesson. :yikes:

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
Yeah, you're right, I should have, cause I totally knew that my insurance company sent my written off car to auction months after they paid me out, and I totally knew that some random girl was bidding on it, and I totally knew that she was going to win the auction.

Haha, that thought crossed my mind when I read johno's post. :23:

johno

Volkswagen Autoliebhaber
Car(s)
R32
yeh you're right.. what could you do...insurance companies. say no more. you shouldn't feel guilty. you did nothing wrong.

606gti

black sheep
lotsa inox should do the trick..

all those cars that go underwater in car yards, I wonder how many of them are actually sold as repairable writeoffs or just cleaned up and sold as if nothing ever happened.

benno

AU section: 1 man band
In those dodgy 2nd handy yards, cleaned up and sold I reckon.

I knew a bloke that got his relatively new 4wd a bit wet (salt water), hosed it out and went and traded it in the day after. He got a very nasty phone call a few weeks later from the dealer when rust just popped out everywhere.

Booba

Ready to race!
The Dealer has no right to get pissed.. This is once incident, I wonder how many times the dealer has bent over a customer and raped them in the arse.

In those dodgy 2nd handy yards, cleaned up and sold I reckon.

I knew a bloke that got his relatively new 4wd a bit wet (salt water), hosed it out and went and traded it in the day after. He got a very nasty phone call a few weeks later from the dealer when rust just popped out everywhere.

sikx5

Ready to race!
Damn...Its a case of buyer beware. It doesn't help though that the Auction yards are super sneaky. They are pretty dodgy, i.e. Amp up the price, move the car around on forklifts and dent the crap of it.

If the car was not started after the water lodgement, it will be ok.

It will take years for the wires to become corded, most probably last the life of the car.

Most of what Maverick said above is spot on.

Tell her to search for part numbers on google to save ALOT of money. e.g. 1k1XXXXXX into google, will spit out ebay and other sites which have them forsale.

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
Oh Dear is right !

this is going to be one very expensive lesson.....

Jason

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
If the car is stripped down for track then it wouldn't matter.
Who needs a lot of that stuff for track.

But if it's a DD... then I hope I don't meet the car on the road. Who knows when all the electronics will "go off"?

isaw

Banned
Hahahahaha. Sorry but dumb bitch. shes in for a world of hurt.