GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Mk5 Audio Information Thread

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus

1canuck2

Ready to race!
Do you know if this information is the same for the 2007 MkV GTI? My car came with what is labelled "Premium Sound" and the HU appears to be same as the one pictured in the PDFs (6CD changer in HU, same controls, etc) yet I could not find the Digital Sound System Control Module that is supposed to be loacted under the driver's seat.

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Sammy-Blue

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 Golf R32
PDFs wouldn't work for me, not sure if they had the info I was after so I'll just ask. Anyone know the speaker dimensions for the MKV, I'm looking at having them all replaced and don't want to do any cutting or filling of any kind.

Cheers.

VDubbers

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 GTi
Wiring Harness

Now I know this has been discussed several times in the past. I have searched and reviewed the information thats been posted. I have not found a very solid answer.

What wiring harness is the best to use for installing a after market navi? In my 1st MKV GTI I used the Metra harness w/ the power wire, cost like 60 bucks. It did supply power, but after about 15 - 20 sec the unit would shut off then back on. They replaced that harness 3 times before i went with the cheap harness and ran my own power wire. This was over a year ago.

Now I am on my 2nd GTI and what to know...What is the best way to go? Are there any other harnesses out there to use?

BTW: My Navi does not support sterring wheel controls so i dont need that.

FIREBLADE

Ready to race!
I used the PAC - C2RVW on my kenwood nav with no problems. I work for a car stereo shop and this is what we always use on vw. It has everything in the harness including the hookups for steering wheel control. To do the steering wheel controls you will also need 1 - SWI-CAN and 1 - SWI-JACK both from PAC. The metra install kit is 99-9011

walleballr

Ready to race!
Not totaly acurate

The pdfs state that female 4 is unassigned whereas its the input for sat or a cd changer. It says it right on top of the unit. Not sure if those are different cause they are non US spec.