nvm lol.

absence

___liminal
well, i could say the new wife... :lol:

but its dustin's wife who bought the .:R rear, now safely in Boise

absence

___liminal
so negative dan:lol:

i mean you could cut out the middle section of your stock valence, use that as a template to cut out the center exhaust from the R rear surround, plastic weld it in (hoping that the contours match). then get a donor stock valence and cut out a section to fill your existing stock exhaust hole, and plastic weld that. bondo and sand. apply paint with a plastic adhesion additive, and some sort of media to get texture.

look back and admire your handiwork

(or just buy an R rear and be done with it)

:biggrin:

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW GTI MkVI
so negative dan:lol:

i mean you could cut out the middle section of your stock valence, use that as a template to cut out the center exhaust from the R rear surround, plastic weld it in (hoping that the contours match). then get a donor stock valence and cut out a section to fill your existing stock exhaust hole, and plastic weld that. bondo and sand. apply paint with a plastic adhesion additive, and some sort of media to get texture.

look back and admire your handiwork

(or just buy an R rear and be done with it)

:biggrin:

ufff, thats a whole lot of work. I think I'll save up for an R valance. Too bad the one you were selling was BMP

FLIPSCOUT

str8dubn
palabra

all that work, time, effort, and cost when you can just buy the whole bumper for about $600 shipped, without worrying about poor fit ad finish

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW GTI MkVI
Well, money is tight right now as you all might know. Don't hate me for trying to save me a few bucks LOL jk, I know you guys are telling me that for the best. Besides nobody wants to see an mkv turned into a ricer jejeje.

Yesterday I washed my car to find scratches and scuff marks all over my paint:mad0259: Now I have to start saving money to get that taken care off, because I really doubt that can be buffed out.

Question, comprehensive insurance claims make your premium go up, or just collision claims?

nitroscope8

Ready to race!
How much for the car cover?

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW GTI MkVI
This morning I started the engine to go to work, and the EPC light came on, and "engine fault: Workshop" came up on the MFD. While driving to the stealer, the RPMs wouldn't go higher than 2500rpm. Any ideas?

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW GTI MkVI
Gotta change dealership, I'm sick of the bullshit from Koeppel VW. So my options are (distance wise) Bayside VW, Open Road VW of Manhattan, Sunrise VW, or Platinum VW. I would love to go to Smithtown, but its just to damn far for me if I have to wait for my car to be diagnosed. So which one do you guys recommend from my options?

absence

___liminal
i recommend leaving koeppel immediately. going there is worse than going nowhere.

i have heard good things about open road vw of brooklyn. my buddy bought his passat there -- and i think kyle said that whoever they used to be (life quality?) was really good. i know from talking to the manager that they are not mod friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.