GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Frankenturbo F23T Owner's Thread

Car(s)
Subaru
I had to run the PRV, because 91 oct sucks. I'm now maxed on fueling, for stock injectors. Sucks. Because there is still more power to be had. Just have to figure out which injectors I want. S3 or rs4

k04 and stuff.

yeah, ive seen stock injectors tuned to about 335whp and im going by the rule of thumb that 350whp is too much on stock internals. idk what 91 gets you but i might pass cause you wont notice a big difference.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
yeah, ive seen stock injectors tuned to about 335whp and im going by the rule of thumb that 350whp is too much on stock internals. idk what 91 gets you but i might pass cause you wont notice a big difference.

Well I talked to Bronson about it... My tune is fairly neutered to meet the rich lambda that 91 oct requirements. Said I could be down on power up to 10%. My fuel gets maxed at 5500 rpm and up. We are going to see what happens when I add meth, but he said the easiest thing to do would probably be to add injectors.

So for future notice, you can run a k04 on stock injectors and 91 oct, it just isn't all it could be.

k04 and stuff.

Car(s)
Subaru
thats right where my fuel maxed but it turned out to be my lpfp. prolly different for you cause you are on 91. my requested bar stayed the same but actual dropped and afr went to 25% i think

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
i feel like for a daily driver though its just one more maintenance item to worry about

I have been running it for the last 11 years on my daily drivers and you are right it is one more thing to go wrong and one more tank to fill up.

You do have to buy and mix and the cost in my area is about 38 per 5 gallon of Methanol and you mix with distilled water. So you have a fuel cost and you have to go pick the stuff up regularly.

If you are using the supplied push connect stuff, you do have to keep an eye on those as they will leak, especially those in the most heat. Fix is easy, you just re-cut the end of the nylon tubing and push back in but it is one more thing. I strongly suggest using AN type fittings and associated lines to minimize the leakage problems.

However, for me it is totally worth it. For this small amount of money and effort, coupled with a tune that takes full advantage of WM you get a big power increase. On top of that I live in a hot climate and driving without it means big power drops in the hot summer weather, driving with it allows you to keep almost all of your performance run after run, heatsoak is never an issue.

After 11 years of use on 3 cars and 3 different systems I have found it to be acceptably reliable and its like having race fuel and a super cooling system all in one. If you want MAX performance, you will love it. If you are ok with less performance and don't want to deal with the hassles I have mentioned, don't get it and for sure don't even try it or you will get hooked....

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
you shouldnt be at .028. thats prolly where the misfire came from

I read some comments from DM or Doug from FT to gap them at .022" for the F23T, would you recommend it? I noticed car made a little more timing going to .025".

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
Finally got my DM DSG Tune yesterday.

Man what a difference. I feel like i've been missing out on all the fun for a while haha. Bronson is going to send me an updated file today hopefully with higher rev limiter and Launch Control enabled.

Car(s)
Subaru
I read some comments from DM or Doug from FT to gap them at .022" for the F23T, would you recommend it? I noticed car made a little more timing going to .025".

i ran 0.026 for awhile until i read im suppose to be at 0.022. i didnt have troubles at 0.026 but i switched cause thats what they said

Car(s)
Subaru
Run as wide a gap as you can without misfires. For all around performance .026" is preferable over .022"

thats true. i might move it back sometime when i switch to my other tune. right now im running a stock hpfp and on wga pressure, so power isnt really on my mind :frown:. heck, its been over a month since ive put gas in my car haha. the car runs fine on 0.022 though, so if it runs fine on 0.026, i should pick up power too, but what if i blow out a spark. can i do damage to the motor in higher rpms and what not.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
.025" gap with BKR7E`s Turned out just fine at the dragstrip, no more missfires, i noticed i am still running low on timing advance (9-9.5*)but the car is making good power, i am running with Revo Stage 3 software controlling boost with the N75 alone, no need for a MBC for now.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
I got the chance to log one run yesterday at the dragstrip, like i said before, timing advance in 3rd and 4th gear is pretty low, but also are CF`s, all 0`s across the board, i will raise the timing settings on my car to something around 8 or 9 and see how that goes, 9 is the higher i can go.

Take a look at the logs, any feedback is appreciated, lower g/s are because of the altitude around 5500ft, ambient temp around 25º

Logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4jFun5OiJWMZzVaNUV6OHR4LVNUUm9fZmtGcFF3YXZ0MGI4/view?usp=sharing

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
So, Bronson sent me a new ECU file to accompany my DSG tune. Im very excited to try this out, but my DMUser program is giving me some hell... I plug in my DM Controller, and it auto scans for new updates. It says there is a software update, and asks to proceed with the update.

I press Ok, but then having an issue. I plugged in my DM controller and it starts to auto scan for updates. It said there was an update, but when I press ok to start it, it says "Access to path C:\DriverMotorsportUser\DMUser.exe is denied"

Then it closes the program... I don't know what I should do. My DMUser program software is 1.14.0.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Norton keeps flagging updates got me, I keep forgetting to disable it and it does the same thing.

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
Anyone running rich an backfiring on eurodyne basefile with rs4 injectors? Anyone know enough about mastreo to give me a hand

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk