GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Off-Topic Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcopp

Ready to race!
So on tuesday morning at about 5:20 am I got pulled over for speeding and cited for doing 101 in a 70. The thing is, I was doing 80. My radar detector went off before the CHP could have radared me, and I obviously didn't speed up after it started beeping. Then after I passed him I kept it at 70 and 2.3 miles down the highway he comes up on my telling me I was doing 101 and he's been trying to catch me for 2 miles. I didn't waste time arguing with him or asking to see the gun because I didn't want to give him more reason to show up in court. SO I asked my neighbor who is a SD police officer and he told me if I'm found guilty, I'll lose my license for 6 months. Tonight he's gonna come over and I'm gonna talk to him about fighting it, if he doesn't think I'll win, I'll use Mr Ticket.

Sorry, kinda a pointless rant, but I wasn't even too bothered by this ticket until I found out I would lose my license, now I'm really sweating winning this case.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion

I totally have that tattoo.

but I think you all know (or at least I hope you know) that when I can afford it I will have a few clean mods, no purple or pink and no stickers. I'm pretty sure no one would take me seriously as a future doctor the way that it is. but I'm in college so I'm going to be stupid.

I'm pretty sure I would go to a cute chick doctor that drove a Gray Golf with Purple on it.

I'm serious.

My12GTI

Ready to race!
So on tuesday morning at about 5:20 am I got pulled over for speeding and cited for doing 101 in a 70. The thing is, I was doing 80. My radar detector went off before the CHP could have radared me, and I obviously didn't speed up after it started beeping. Then after I passed him I kept it at 70 and 2.3 miles down the highway he comes up on my telling me I was doing 101 and he's been trying to catch me for 2 miles. I didn't waste time arguing with him or asking to see the gun because I didn't want to give him more reason to show up in court. SO I asked my neighbor who is a SD police officer and he told me if I'm found guilty, I'll lose my license for 6 months. Tonight he's gonna come over and I'm gonna talk to him about fighting it, if he doesn't think I'll win, I'll use Mr Ticket.

Sorry, kinda a pointless rant, but I wasn't even too bothered by this ticket until I found out I would lose my license, now I'm really sweating winning this case.

I got a ticket for 99 in a 75 last year. Bit the bullet and took the ticket...my insurance agent got really frustrated with me and I had to take a defensive driving course and sign a contract with the DLD about reducing my points, but that was the worst of it...I could imagine what another 10 MPH could have done to me.

rcopp

Ready to race!
The worst part is, this will be my 4th ticket and I'm only 20. 2 of the other ones were 75 and 80 in a 70 and the first one was 50 in a 35. And I just made it over the 2 year mark of not getting a ticket.

rcopp

Ready to race!
Because he was around a curve in the highway from me, and down a ways. The detector went off before I ever rounded the curve, and there is small trees/bushes blocking even a view from where I was to where he was sitting off the road. Even still, I was doing 80 when the detector went off, and before it did, so I'm still puzzled as to how he came up with 101.
edit: here's where he was and where I was when the detector went off, the blue line shows how he would have had to have gotten me. Notice it crosses through the other side of the highway and brush. This picture is old but there's much more greenery there now.

Last edited:

haleyann

Go Kart Champion
I'm pretty sure I would go to a cute chick doctor that drove a Gray Golf with Purple on it.

I'm serious.

haha well that's good to know, but you only sometimes get to see what your doctor looks like before you choose them and you never get to see what they drive.

I was more concerned about medical school administrators and future employers not taking me seriously.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
haha well that's good to know, but you only sometimes get to see what your doctor looks like before you choose them and you never get to see what they drive.

I was more concerned about medical school administrators and future employers not taking me seriously.

You have a point, but it would also show them you're not afraid to be yourself.

My old dentist drives a Bright ass Yellow Viper with Black/Machined HREs on it.

He drives like an asshat. Nobody cared.

I say do what you want with it. As long as you don't get an obnoxious exhaust and try to pull a Ken Block everywhere, you'll be fine. :thumbsup:

haleyann

Go Kart Champion
You have a point, but it would also show them you're not afraid to be yourself.

My old dentist drives a Bright ass Yellow Viper with Black/Machined HREs on it.

He drives like an asshat. Nobody cared.

I say do what you want with it. As long as you don't get an obnoxious exhaust and try to pull a Ken Block everywhere, you'll be fine. :thumbsup:

the difference between a bright yellow viper and my car is that those don't get laughed at. don't get me wrong, I love the attention my car gets the way it is now, but that's because I have no reason to have a professional appearance right now.

but when I go to medical school and start interning I want my car to look modded but clean. that's really my favorite look and I would do it now if I had the money for the mods I want.

then when I'm a doctor and can afford something new I will get something awesome and classy but not something you'd see everyday. it'll be a while before I get my Porsche or Maserati since I'll be in debt for the next 20 or 30 years... but yeah, something nice.

just realized my car plans are more detailed than my life plan.

DougDome

Go Kart Champion
:laugh:

I'm going to be a lawyer so there are similar professionalism concerns as with doctors, that's not gonna stop me from driving a sick car that is obviously heavily modded.

yes it will, because you will be unemployed ;).

Seriously, though, job market is teh suck for attorneys right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.