GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Off-Topic Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
but your idea seems more practical than mine. at least detailing is money and you already have a reputation. their friends bring their friends and soon enough you'll be well known and trusted.

i have to start from square one basically and devote a LOT of my time to doing this. playing gigs in NYC which means taking off work and all that.

Yeah, I started from square one, then quit.

haleyann

Go Kart Champion
I appreciate the love :wub:

you should come up here because I happen to know a detailer at BMW got fired not too long ago.... or you could look for detailing jobs at dealerships in your area. That would be a good compromise.

But owning your own small business would be awesome too. I guess it depends on if you're in a good position to take risks. If detailing doesn't work out, are you going to lose everything or will you just be poor?

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
very very good topic. i'm in the same boat as you, buddy!

my heart is telling me to follow my music full force and worry about practice, promotion, and production over everything in hopes that i'll land a high paying residency at a good nightclub or better yet a record contract and global distribution of my future productions.

my mind is telling me there's no way in hell and i need to find something else to work on.

the bright side is i can do both side to side but one thing is always going to fall behind the other.

plus i have no idea what else i could possibly want to do with my life in this world.

and i was in the exact same boat as you...i love music, i would love to make it big and i dont see myself doing anything else as of right now. Maybe its just a young thing? Just like when we were kids we all wanted to be policemen, firemen.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
I appreciate the love :wub:

you should come up here because I happen to know a detailer at BMW got fired not too long ago.... or you could look for detailing jobs at dealerships in your area. That would be a good compromise.

But owning your own small business would be awesome too. I guess it depends on if you're in a good position to take risks. If detailing doesn't work out, are you going to lose everything or will you just be poor?

I live at home, I pay $394/month for my car and ?? for Gas/?? for Food/ $100 for Insurance/$40 for my Cell.

From that standpoint, I'd be okay for a bit if it didn't work out.

I did the dealership thing once, I can't put my name on that kind of work. In all honesty, I can't bring myself to do that poor of a job, knowing it's wrong. This is something I take a great deal of passion into.

If I decide to do it, I can renovate my garage/shed thing out back. It's a legit built garage, just not attached. I could get a full size truck in it.

That being said, I would only have to pay for the water and the insurance policy every month, making it much more likely to be profitable.

And you know we :wub: you here. :)

09vdubgti

Banned
Car(s)
mkV GTi
I've heard that too. which is why I decided not to try opening a bakery.

But isn't the kitchen a woman's natural habitat?

loljk

But in all cereal'ness im not saying neither you or stock should give up on a dream/goal....Just that when you do something you absolutely love, you do it because you actually love it...and not because you have to do it in order to make a living... I can't really word what I want to say but you get my drift.

illDub6

Ready to race!
im smoking:smoking:

illDub6

Ready to race!
NQA

Redzgti

Ready to race!
My 2 cents is that if you love doing something and can try and make money from it go ahead and try. My brother and I run a own and run a restaurant. Its something that we both love. My word of advice though is to understand that because its a job as well, you will have to deal with a 1000 times as much stress from it.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
So check this.

Everyone knows my bad dealings with Bob King.

I called up National VW in Jacksonville about what appears to be a blown left rear shock.

I was expecting the whole "It's wear and tear, not covered" thing.

I was wrong!

She said the only things they deem wear and tear are brake pads and wiper blades. She said if you can destroy a clutch in 3 years, it's not a good clutch to begin with. :lol:

So I'm going in Wednesday to have it checked... the left rear is .25'' lower than the rest of the car, and it clunks over bumps. Pretty cut and dry.

She said they'd also do my 20k (didn't even have to ask), the DSG RVU and order a seat cover for one that's unravelling. And that they would have a Loaner waiting if I needed it.

Ftw.

Status
Not open for further replies.