GOLFMKV

Off-Topic Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
There are at this moment 4,767 members who made at least 1 post in here so that means that there are more then 6,000 members who didn't even made 1 post after joining this forum

Haha, and then you have the people such as myself that don't even own MkVI's and post fairly often.:lol:

Back to Volvo's, they are nice cars. My mom has a 1999 V70 XC AWD with 46k on it. It's a damn nice car and still smells new inside. The only known issue with that model is the damn 4 speed transmission. Apparently they fail all the time.

It does go sideways in the snow very nicely though. I actually got a thumbs up in it picking up some brake rotors for my GTI a few winters ago in the snow.

haleyann

Go Kart Champion
so i'm getting kinda frustrated... i'm finding it very hard to get ahead enough to make med school in the next five years a possibility because every scholarship and internship i find is only open for low income students or minorities. all i'm trying to do is get some experience in health care and its proving to be difficult because i'm white and have hard working and now wealthy parents.

not that i'm against opportunities for minorities or anything, i would just like to see some more opportunities open to everyone. i'd be cool with a "make rich white kids do hard manual labor and dirty work" kind of scholarship/internship too. i'd go for it. but for now i'll just stick with volunteering where i'm not actually helping people other than telling them what part of the hospital they need to go to.

Bender1

Banned
Back to Volvo's, they are nice cars. My mom has a 1999 V70 XC AWD with 46k on it. It's a damn nice car and still smells new inside. The only known issue with that model is the damn 4 speed transmission. Apparently they fail all the time.

I have had many Volvos over the years. Their auto transmissions are post 1998 when they started buying the from Aisin-Warner.

My last car was a 2002 S60 T-5 Manual. One of about 200 that came over that year. Heavily modded to the point of putting close to 300 down.

09vdubgti

Banned
Car(s)
mkV GTi
so i'm getting kinda frustrated... i'm finding it very hard to get ahead enough to make med school in the next five years a possibility because every scholarship and internship i find is only open for low income students or minorities. all i'm trying to do is get some experience in health care and its proving to be difficult because i'm white and have hard working and now wealthy parents.

not that i'm against opportunities for minorities or anything, i would just like to see some more opportunities open to everyone. i'd be cool with a "make rich white kids do hard manual labor and dirty work" kind of scholarship/internship too. i'd go for it. but for now i'll just stick with volunteering where i'm not actually helping people other than telling them what part of the hospital they need to go to.

I somewhat know how you feel I don't have no help at all for school, no loans, no scholarships no nothing everything comes out of pocket. Im hispanic, but there really isnt anything for me either for what im majoring in (B/S in GeoScience/ M in Urban Studies), so I get nada and my parents make more than what the state requires for me to get any money. On the bright side though, only 80ish more credits to go....

haleyann

Go Kart Champion
I somewhat know how you feel I don't have no help at all for school, no loans, no scholarships no nothing everything comes out of pocket. Im hispanic, but there really isnt anything for me either for what im majoring in (B/S in GeoScience/ M in Urban Studies), so I get nada and my parents make more than what the state requires for me to get any money. On the bright side though, only 80ish more credits to go....

exactly what i'm saying. my parents make enough money to support themselves and me comfortably, and i'm lucky enough to have my college paid for through a program my dad set up when i was born, but i'm going to have no financial help for med school. its going to be hard enough getting in, i'm going to have to live off student loans. thats pretty much my only option.

09vdubgti

Banned
Car(s)
mkV GTi
Well you're lucky you at least have that program, to pay for your school now. I have nothing but im also not really interested at this point to continue school after I get my bachelors. Well you can claim yourself independent, get a somewhat decent job, get some income and profit.

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
You guys sound like me, and I technically was considered a minority because I was asian. Sadly, my parents just made enough money so I didn't qualify for most scholarships, though, only thing I did get was Bright Futures here in Florida which paid for 75% of tuition (wasn't good enough for the 100%). Other than that, the remaining 25% and living was paid via my full time jobs I had to keep with my full time school. Hooray me :rolleyes:

Just keep it up and you guys will be fine. You guys may get lucky and get into an non-paying internship that leads into a good job (happened to a friend of mines that lead her to a civil engineering job in NC building and planning major roads reinforcing structures and she was a white girl too). ;)

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, but those are for my drift car. I'm getting the passat back up and going, and I want it to sit on some ballin' wheels this summer, but I got rid of that set I bought in January and I'm left with only 2 sets.

omes4life1

Ready to race!
yea well i NEEED wheels, im rolling around in 17" denvers -__- (not that their ugly) im just tired of them.

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
I'll take your Denvers to my 15" steelies. Been looking for wheels, but need to get coils first (oh yea Mark, narrowed it down to FK Silverlines-Xs and H&R Ultra Lows so I have that capability to go low without affect ride quality as much).

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I'll take your Denvers to my 15" steelies. Been looking for wheels, but need to get coils first (oh yea Mark, narrowed it down to FK Silverlines-Xs and H&R Ultra Lows so I have that capability to go low without affect ride quality as much).

Honestly, H&R's ride pretty rough. My buddies old MkV on Corvette sawblades with 205/40/17 and 215/40/17 tires rode better than my car on an H&R cupkit. He had FK Highsports with the perches and helpers out. It was 22.75" ground to fender, or about 2" lower than my car.

FK's ride nicely though and are a quality coilover. H&R makes quality stuff as well, but it tends to have higher spring rates and/or more stiffly damped struts. I remember riding in AJ's GTI back in the day of Thanksgiving 2007 when my dad and I took my car to Texas. He had H&R ultra lows at the time and those BBS A6 S-Line reps and I would say it rode just as rough if not rougher than my car. Tires have a lot to do with ride as well, but if you're going for low, you can't go wrong with FK's.

Status
Not open for further replies.