GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM TPMS battery replacement

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Like the actual battery of the sensor? Not possible without destroying the sensor. Got to get a new sensor and have it programmed to the tpms module.

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Good luck!

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Remove potting carefully

Desolder Sony CR2450S

Clean up

Solder fresh Sony battery

RTV

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Hmmm, showed me. Sweet! Did it work?

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Nice job! I check my pressures regularly, disabled the tpms. One less thing to worry about.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Interesting! I would have used an epoxy like JB Weld instead of RTV. Are you not worried that the centrifugal force will throw out the RTV? RTV is not designed to take 285 G's
(at 80 MPH). http://www.csgnetwork.com/tirerevforcecalc.html

I applaud your efforts, but for the average person who does not have a friend with a tire shop, this is not feasible to do. Especially when you can buy new ones for as little as $25.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Just did that some time back, 4 OEM sensors for $110 instead of $110 for one. Problem was the sensors were made back in April/May 2010 just like the Picture of the sensor in the link made in May 21 2010.

Anyone use one of these old stock sensor and use vcds to guess battery life??

I've found that the estimated battery life numbers vary wildly as you drive, so I had the dealer install what they had in stock, because I know they will replace them if they fail before the tires are worn.

I previously bought the cheap ones too but sent them back because I didn't trust them either. Too expensive to change with mounting and balancing.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
That is what other people have used on other style of sensors.

Just saying, because if it comes out your balance will suffer and the terminals will corrode. I can see using a little RTV just on the terminals, in case you need to replace them again. But that will be years.