GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

#Occupy: Everything

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
You know you want to be this happy.

dbgti

Say whaaa?
As far as it having no spokesperson or real goals, that is true. Occupy:LA had an open discussion about these issues on the front steps of city hall. They are currently working with other Occupy's to establish leadership and goals.

Secondly, the major "issue" is not necisarilly with the government. Its the fact that the government is ultimately controlled by banks.

After the bailout banks spent Millions of (Tax payer) dollars to lobby against a Watchdog group that would ultimately oversee the banks. Millions of our own tax dollars were used against us. Not to mention the millions in bonuses that were handed out.

Media outlets are owned by banks and until recently blacked out any Occupy coverage. They have recently started showing Occupy segment, but portray it in a negative light. Saying "Protesters had a scuffle with police", BULLSHIT. People are being beaten/pepper sprayed, sexually assaulted and arrested by NYPD for NO Viable reason. Kind of makes you wonder what happened to Freedom of assembly.

"JPMorgan Chase recently donated an unprecedented $4.6 million to the New York City Police Foundation. The gift was the largest in the history of the foundation and will enable the New York City Police Department to strengthen security in the Big Apple. The money will pay for 1,000 new patrol car laptops, as well as security monitoring software in the NYPD’s main data center."

Are they really public servants? Or puppets for big banks?

sntmods

Ready to race!
I can definitely say I am not one of these 99% because in another life I would love to be the "1%". If I dont side with the 99% and am far from the 1%. What am I? All I know is that I will protect my house when the eventual revolution occurs.

I agree in the idea that you have to work (really damn hard) to get where you want to be but I feel like the 99% want a hand out and fell for the sham of the American Dream. Most of the stories that I have read about the 99% point out that they are too over educated for available work (but have no real world experience, read under qualified).

When I first heard about the trip the Wall Street group took to Times Square I was hoping they had listened to the anti-protesters (I was one of them hollering to get a job) and considered becoming street performers. If the 99% want jobs, they should go make their own by straping on a fanny pack and dressing up as Spider Man and take pictures with tourists.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
man at this point in time I'm glad I dropped out of journalism school and graphic design school and went to technical school instead. Paying down 10k in debt is totally manageable and whenever I get too broke I can just wrench on somebody's car in a parking lot.

sntmods

Ready to race!
You sir didnt drink the Koolaid, congrats and my hat off to you!

Debt must be manageable. I've heard stories of people taking loans for $100,000+ to complete a degree for a maybe job. Remember when good grades alone could get you into college? Most of us dont but it happened years and years ago. The game has changed and you have to make the decision if you want to play it or not.

Diplomas have become almost useless pieces of papers without the right connections in the real world of business. If I were in a situation where I had to hire between a college graduate and a candidate that had relevant work experience I would tell the grad to go get some experience (perhaps flipping burgers) first.

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
I just kiss ass at the interview on a whole new level that the other candidates aren't willing to go to. I will actually do the research within the company and bother to find out who the hiring manager is and what they like. I'll call the company and try to find phone listings and talk with secretaries, interns, whoever I can. You can usually tell by the junk they stack in their cubicle or just a general idea of the corporate culture. Just talking about stuff even like golf, knowing the company ethos, "fish philosophy", kaizen effect, etc. I've even gone as far as to flirt with the manager. Then they always ask the same questions like what is your best and worst character trait at work? New college graduates are usually dumb enough to say they procrastinate or something. I'll just say that my worst trait is sometimes I work too hard. It's not hard to distinguish yourself from the competition if you take it seriously. Your qualifications and even people skills can only get you so far. There comes a point where you need to level the playing field and just be a stalker. I mean stuff like even psyching out the other interviewees and telling them to say stupid stuff like "I heard this Mr. Guy the hiring manager is a really religious guy and is looking for a candidate with strong spirituality." And then this guy will totally scare away the manager by talking about his church activities during the interview. Etc you get the idea. It's never been about how good you are at the job.

DejaVu

Ready to race!
Hey Occutards, pay your taxes, keep your noses out of how corporations spend their own money, and go home and take a shower. The government is spending our tax money on BS, in fact they're spending more money than they're squeezing out of us. FACT: even if the government squeezes more money out of all the so called rich capitalist pigs, they'd just spend all of it and more on top of that and our national debt will keep going up. Hey OWS......you're doing it wrong!

If you're an American man, move to Japan. If you're a Japanese woman, move to America. Think about if that actually happened, wouldn't everyone be a hell of a lot happier?

idk about that...then japan would be a sausage fest and america would be a taco fest.

#inb4TL
#no,IDidntReportAnyone...