GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Now that im chipped. should i change my oil every 3,000 or 5,000? help!!

Gabster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
Now that im chipped. should i change my oil every 3,000 or 5,000? idk what to do. i know that now theres alot more stress on the motor since im flashed.. help please!!!

Vee

EVERYBODY INTERNET!
You only need to change your oil every 10,000mi after the initial 2 changes of 5,000 intervals. Since chipping your car is not considered in the recommended intervals for oil changes, I would probably do it every 5. It might be more often than you need, but IMO you can never change oil too often.

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
oils and oil filter recommends??

I agree with every 5k and I would use Mobil 0 or 5w40 or Castrol Syntec 5w40. Just look for something that has VW 502.00 on the back, they're all synthetics. There is a Pennzoil one too, I think I am going to try that one next time just for the heck of it.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
thanks.. ive heard of AMSOIL OIL is that any good?
Yes, it's the best. The European 5w40 works great with the OEM Oil Filter and the manufactures recommended drain intervals. Changing any sooner is just throwing away your money... when you use a great oil created for long drain intervals.

f_399

07 GTI and 06 Passat
amsoil and royal purple isnt on the list of oil that can be used

i know they are good, i use it in my other car but not sure if it can be used in the vw