GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Noob ?'s: what exactly is involved w/ fender rolling?

ace009

Ready to race!
After I get my alignment, I'll know for sure if this is even needed. But I'd like to know exactly what is involved with fender rolling.
Does it require removing the fender liner? I'm not really hitting the fender. It's the part of the liner that sticks out, where the screw in the middle used to be (already did the fender screw mod, btw).
I'll take a pic of this part that I'm talking about, if needed. But, I think you guys already know what I'm talking about.

GTI6120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI, 08 A3

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
load up youtube and search for fender rolling.
I would only pay attention to when they remove the wheel and bolt on a fender roller rather than using a hammer of some sort and banging the hell out of it.

You can typically rent a fender roller from local shops (with a deposit fee that is returned when you bring it back), or you can just take your car to a pro and have them roll/pull your fenders.

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
You rub on Koni FSD's and Neuspeed Sport Springs?

True that- you should not rub with this!

He said he doesn't know if he needs to yet. My guess is that he won't need to do this. I don't see how he could! My FKs are all the way down and I don't rub at all, I just scrape lol. I have a good offset and just enough stretch though.

ace009

Ready to race!
You rub on Koni FSD's and Neuspeed Sport Springs?

Yeah, I know the drop is minimal. I only rub during really hard turns, but I plan on taking the car to the track a few times this summer - so I want to get rid of it. Hopefully, some negative camber (1.5 or 2) will do the trick and I wouldn't resort to rolling the fenders.

james.bigouette

Officially boring
Yeah, I know the drop is minimal. I only rub during really hard turns, but I plan on taking the car to the track a few times this summer - so I want to get rid of it. Hopefully, some negative camber (1.5 or 2) will do the trick and I wouldn't resort to rolling the fenders.

i dont even rub with a 2.8" drop how could you be rubbing???? what wheels are you running exactly.

1canuck2

Ready to race!
If he's running spacers, he'll rub.

I rub with 12mm spacers in rear and pro-kits!!