GOLFMKV

No go 32..............

Jambo007

Dont stop me now.........
Car(s)
MKV R32
Hi Guys and Gals,

Some advice would be nice............

I went to my 32 yesterday afternoon opened her up as normal, sat in, closed the door, key in and went to start her..........

She just kept turning over and over, plenty of fuel getting through, pump kicks in no probs. She just wouldnt start 8-(

So i called a local mechanic in with a hand held gismo that plugged into the car. It picked up buzz bar fault but that could have been his gizmo, Sterio and seat fault. After clearing the faults she started but was a little lumpy. Any suggestions to what and why?

triode12

Go Kart Champion
Could be faulty coilovers. Take it to a dealer and get them to run diags on it. Should come up.

If your car is part of the recall, you can get them replaced for free.

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Low battery?

Jambo007

Car(s)
MKV R32
Battery seemed fine as the car was turning over as normal, pleanty of fuel etc etc. The only thing i can think of is dodgy fuel. I bought $20 at the Caltex between Edgeworth and Glendale the night before, wont be using there again........ On the night she wouldnt start i headed straight to my nearest BP and gave her a full tank of the good stuff and so far so good. Wonder if there was water in the fuel from Caltex?

GP_GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Not water, most likely ethanol.

Learn a lesson and keep the tank full of BP, don't let it run down to empty so you need to put in $20. If you can afford an R32, you can afford fuel, no?

Jambo007

Car(s)
MKV R32
I only put $20 in because it wasnt BP. I always run my tank down so i shouldnt have much shite in there. But i hear ya and will be mindful of that for future reference.