GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New wheels.

Dis020

Ready to race!
So I finally sold my bbs RS reps, and bought these babies :D

8.5 all round, still not sure of the tyres. Any suggestions? So far 215/40/18 Seems to be the best choice for a static ride.

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Those are fucking sick, what are the full specs? And how much you get em for if you dont mind me asking

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion

8.5 all round, still not sure of the tyres. Any suggestions? So far 215/40/18 Seems to be the best choice for a static ride.

Good pick, 205/40 or 215/40 will be fine with the 8.5 square. :thumbsup:

Love my staggered set, I'm running 205/40 fronts and 215/40 rears.

Andy

Last edited:

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door

Depends on offset and if you have coilovers or springs. Unless you are on coils or have a really low offset, 225/40/18s look good and fill out the wheelwells better with 8.5 wheels. Tiny profiles look yucky with a lot of wheel gap, so only go with an aggressive stretch if you can get nice n low and can adjust the fit precisely and evenly.

I love those wheels btw. Nice choice. Be sure to post updates and pictures.

Dis020

Ready to race!
Depends on offset and if you have coilovers or springs. Unless you are on coils or have a really low offset, 225/40/18s look good and fill out the wheelwells better with 8.5 wheels. Tiny profiles look yucky with a lot of wheel gap, so only go with an aggressive stretch if you can get nice n low and can adjust the fit precisely and evenly.

I love those wheels btw. Nice choice. Be sure to post updates and pictures.

Full specs of the wheels: 8.5 18x112 et 40 :)

As for the 225/40/18 tyre, i already ran that type of tyre on a 18x112 7.0 et 35 wheel, and i rubbed like crazy without even going to low. The roads out here aten't the best either, so 215/40/18 seems to be the best for my situation. And yes piccies when i fit and run these babies :D

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Those are gonna look great. Update us once they're installed!

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
Uber jelly

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
I'm running 225/40 on mine....but if I was gonna go lower I'd def go 215/205

View attachment 88074

I'd love to see moar pics of your car, if the OP doesn't mind a quick thread jack to tide us over til he posts his own pics. :thumbsup: