GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Wheels from Direct Auto Imports?

Chumleepro3

Baller on a budget
Car(s)
2007 GTI
So my buddy owns a tire shop and I asked him what rims he could get a deal on for me; so he said showed me these Direct Auto Imports rims and said they are one of his suppliers so he could get me a great price on them. I just wanted to know has anyone heard of them before? I already got them on the car but I'm not sure how quality they actually are... I cross my fingers every bump :frown:

For reference they are DAI Replica R38.

Attachments

• GTI  R38 Rims.jpg
    GTI R38 Rims.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 709

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
Generally if you've never heard of a wheel company that's not a good thing. I don't know how they'll hold up on the street but never, ever do any kind of racing on them.

Chumleepro3

Baller on a budget
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Yeah I don't plan on racing, I was just curious if anyone had heard of them. And I got them from that company because of the discount that I got... I can't afford to buy VMR's for my first car on my 16 year old paycheck lol :biggrin:

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
Watch out for pot holes and you'll probably be fine. As long as you stay away from heavy impacts the biggest concern with reps is their lifespan. They aren't going to fall apart when you hit a bump now since they're brand new but as they get older the fatigue stress on them will become an issue.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Wheels look great. They are probably heavy so no worries about daily driving.